SharePoint Password Change & Expiration includes two parts: Password Expire Warning Web Part and Password Change Web Part.
Password Change Web Part allows user to change their own password in a SharePoint portal site without site administrator intervention or IIS expiration pages. When a user accesses a page where the Password Change Web Part is configured, the web part automatically detects the user's domain and user name.
The user then enters his/her old password, the new password and the confirmation of the new password and then clicks Change Password. The web part verifies the new password and then submits the change. If the current password is incorrect or the new password does not meet the password policy criteria in place at your site, the user receives an error message.
Password Expire Warning Web Part warns user with message in web page before his/her password expires, prompting the user to change password. When a user accesses a page where the Password Expire Warning Web Part is configured, the web part automatically detects the user's domain, user name and the account expiration date.
The web part will show a warning message and a link to change password. Page editor can configure how many days the message will show before the expiration date and the URL to change password in the web part properties setting column.
Here are some key features of "SharePoint Password Change & Expiration":
· Change AD or Local NT passwords without administrator intervention
· Supports Forms Authentication (incl. ADAM & ASP.net)
· Warns users on password change failures or if password does not meet policy
· Notify users before passwords expire
· Customizable error messages
· Change password to current logged in user only
· Logs all password change activities
· Auto detects authentication type
· Default user friendly error message
· Change password via main user menu in SharePoint
· Supports single servers, multiple servers, trusted & untrusted multiple domains
· WSS 3.0
· 30 days trial period
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Company brand updated.