A useful gateway between the Internet and your mail server
eWall comes with a handy and reliable application designed for users such as administrators to constantly monitor their traffic and protect their mail server against spam and viruses.
The chain of flexible filters stops more than 95% of unwanted emails out of the box (more than 99% with Message Sniffer), dropping the mail server load by more than 90%. eWall doesn't require maintenance and includes optional self-updating components (ClamAV, Message Sniffer), that seamlessly work with and protect your mail environment from spam and viruses 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
eWall is designed to bring you the antispam protection you need and will also keep malware at bay.
NOTE: There is a Free edition available, limited to 5 mailboxes and intended for small companies.
Here are some key features of "eWall":
Works with any mail server:
· The SMTP service is the primary component of any mail server, and this is eWall's domain against the web threats and where it operates. That's why eWall works with any mail server.
· PHP + PostgreSQL + XML-RPC. This formula briefly outlines eWall's internals. As you can see, eWall is built upon reliable, time-proven technologies.
Fast multi-threaded service:
· eWall installs and runs as a high-performance Windows service.
· eWall is ready to use out-of-the-box. The set of pre-defined filters start fighting SPAM and viruses immediately after installation. Only minimal, optional, configuration may be needed.
· At pre-defined intervals, eWall deletes the old database records, quarantined emails and compresses the log files.
· The installed components, such as ClamAV and Message Sniffer are pre-configured to automatically download and install any updates.
· eWall has a Quarantine for filtered emails, which can be reviewed and appropriate messages forwarded on to the recipients.
Remote Control Panel:
· The eWall Remote Control Panel can be installed anywhere, and allows you to manage the eWall service itself, configure filters, and view the stats and logs in real time. Communications between eWall and the Remote Control Panel uses the XML-RPC channel, which transparent to regular firewalls. As a bonus, it includes a cool, animated dashboard, demonstrating the filtering process in pseudo-3D graphics.
· eWall is also able to counter spammers with the tarpitting feature, wasting THEIR resources, with minimal resource consumption on your side.
Doesn't depend on .NET:
· All necessary libraries are included in the installer.
DNSBL, SURBL, SPF, Anti-phishing, Greeting delay, Harvester detection, Country blocking etc:
· All those popular anti-spam techniques are available in eWall by default. If that's not enough, eWall's open API architecture allows you to develop and add new filters quickly.
· eWall supports the popular Message Sniffer engine — very fast and accurate commercial content scanner, developed by ARM Research Labs. The Message Sniffer has a high-performance multi-threaded core, which makes it suitable even for large ISP's.
· Support for most popular, open-sourced spam filter, Spam Assassin is also included (SpamD).
· As an option, eWall can install the popular, open source antivirus, ClamAV.
· By default, eWall enables the filters, stripping out the potentially dangerous attachments, even in packed archives.
· Virtually any command-line antivirus scanner can be used with eWall.
· SSL listeners can be created to establish encrypted communications between eWall and mail sender.
· Unlike other mail proxies on the market, eWall can be truly transparent. Using the unique program EWLSP, included with eWall, the sender IP is not overwritten by eWall and is still available for use directly by the mail server, making all IP-based features on the email server available! (read more).
· All eWall filters are open-source PHP scripts, that can be modified using the internal code editor or, for example, an external editor such as Notepad. This allows you to quickly develop complex and flexible filters, and share them with other eWall users.
· The pre-defined filters are stored in their own Repository, that represent a distributable XML file, open for editing and new filters.
· 1 GHz CPU
· 512 RAM
· 30 days trial
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Fixed: eWall doesn't start after license is expired
· Fixed: load balancing
· Added wildcard support to email-related conditions
· Minor fixes
| ||Softpedia guarantees that eWall 220.127.116.11 is 100% CLEAN, which means it does not contain any form of malware, including spyware, viruses, trojans and backdoors. [read more >] |