Accessible Command Line-based SMTP client
To use this program with your mail user agent (MUA), create a configuration file with your mail account(s) and tell your MUA to call msmtp instead of /usr/sbin/sendmail.
In addition to sendmail mode, there are two other modes of operation:
· Server information mode. In this mode, msmtp prints as much information as it can get about a given SMTP server (supported features, maximum mail size etc).
· Remote Message Queue Starting mode. In this mode, msmtp sends a Remote Message Queue Starting request for a host, domain, or queue to a given SMTP server.
Normally, a system wide configuration file and/or a user configuration file contain information about which SMTP server to use and how to use it, but almost all settings can also be configured from the Command Line.
- Authentication methods PLAIN, LOGIN, CRAM-MD5, DIGEST-MD5, GSSAPI, and NTLM.
- TLS/SSL both in SMTP-over-SSL mode and in STARTTLS mode. Full certificate trust checks can be performed. A client certificate can be sent.
- Fast SMTP implementation using command pipelining.
- Support for Internationalized Domain Names (IDN).
- DSN (Delivery Status Notification) support.
- RMQS (Remote Message Queue Starting) support (ETRN keyword).
- IPv6 support.
- Support for multiple accounts.
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!
What's New in This Release:
- This release parses command line recipient addresses as if they appeared in mail headers, which gives more flexibility and increases compatibility.