AeroFS is a tool that will automatically sync your files between your personal computers, and anyone you want to share data with.
Anything you store in your private library is by definition private. This is the perfect folder for your sensitive data.
NOTE: You need to create an account in order to use AeroFS. If you want to share data with more than 3 members, you need to upgrade to a paid plan.
Here are some key features of "AeroFS":
· Your computer quite possibly has hundreds of gigabytes of space. AeroFS lets you use this space to its full potential. Using Private Libraries you can sync all your data. The catch? It's free, whether you want to share 1, 10, or 1,000 GB. You already have all the storage you need, now use it!
Cloud or No Cloud? It's Your Call:
· We think you should have the freedom of choice when it comes to personal data management. AeroFS allows you to optionally add online backup storage as part of your personal cloud.
· Backup Libraries are like "Private Libraries", but with a twist: They are also synced and backed up to our secure AeroFS servers. All data on our servers is encrypted using strong AES-256 Encryption.
Sharing is caring:
· We live in a connected world, and AeroFS is no different. You can share your Libraries with anyone who has an e-mail address: your friends, co-workers, or your pet (tell us if you figure out how the pet can view them. We may have a job for you).
· You can also view and modify files together, in real time.
Your stuff is valuable, keep it safe. We know that promising you security is not enough, so we wanted to take a bit of time to describe the methods we use to keep you safe:
· Each computer running AeroFS has a 2048-bit RSA key, certified by us to be authentic. This prevents bad guys from being able to impersonate you.
· When two computers communicate with each other, they perform "mutual authentication" using the keys.
· They also use the keys to create a secure "communication channel" that is safe from nasty eavesdroppers or hackers.
· Because the connection is encrypted directly from one device to the other, data "in transit" is end-to-end encrypted and is safe from attacks.
· Internet connection
· Supports up to 3 team members
· 1 collaborator per folder
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· GUI: users can now disable/enable sync history in their Preferences
· GUI: Minor fixes to transfers dialog (stale data)
· Fixed a minor OpenJDK issue on Windows (missing resource)
· Fixed minor transport bug
· Improvements to SSL handshake speed (reduced timeouts)
· Minor typos on the website
· Fixes related to device recirtification