Alfresco Enterprise is an open source enterprise content management repository and portlets (CMS). Its modular architecture uses the latest open src Java technologies: Spring, Hibernate, Lucene and JSF.
The open source model allows Alfresco Enterprise to use best-of-breed open source technologies and contributions from the open source community to get higher quality software produced more quickly at much lower costs.
Alfresco Enterprise is a handy and reliable application which allows you to manage at the same time documents, records, images, web content and many others.
Here are some key features of "Alfresco Enterprise":
· Enterprise Content Management (ECM)
· Document Management
· Records Management
· Knowledge Management
· Web Content Management
· Smart Spaces
· Desktop File Access
· Auditable Content
· Advanced Search
· Java Development Kit (included in installer)
· OpenOffice (included in installer)
· MySQL (included in installer)
· Apache Tomcat (included in installer)
· Flash Player
· SWF Tools
· Internet Explorer
· 30 days trial
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Significant Performance Improvements — 3-4x faster content uploads, 10x faster user dashboard queries
· New Scalability Options — Alfresco Enterprise 4 scales out or up, with lots of new deployment options.
· Extensibility Enhancements for Developers — Easily customize and extend the Alfresco Share application, with new configuration options and drop-in custom extensions
· Web-based Administration Tools — Manage the repository, users, social publishing channels and your subscription, right from the web interface