Softpedia Editor's Review for Ares Galaxy
Search and download anything from DivX to MP3 music
Written by Elena Opris on June 8th, 2012
What makes the difference between Ares Galaxy and similar software belonging to the torrent / P2P category is the lack of commercialism. Unlike uTorrent, BitComet and several others, which either feed you toolbars or sport annoying ads during their runtime, Ares Galaxy remains faithful to its audience by providing file sharing via a clean and commercial-free environment.
Several other differences consist in a simpler interface, faster download speeds and improvements in file availability. Ares Galaxy allows file transfers following a simple principle: users get to download files as long as they share their own. Virtually any type of content is accepted.
The quick installation process ends with access to its GUI, which can only be characterized as simple and extremely accessible (appearance can be customized via built-in skins). Ares’ first noticeable function is the Search feature, which can be filtered to lookup audio, video, image, document, software, or other types of file. There is also and Advanced Search section that enables you to enter various criteria such as Title, Author, Category, Date, Length or Resolution (for multimedia content).
The time allocated to each search depends on a bunch of aspects, but usually, the results are delivered in a fair amount of time. Don't be fooled into believing the software doesn't work (as we first thought) if results are not displayed in a few seconds. The online database is huge, after all.
When there are hundreds of results found, Ares' reaction time drops considerably, so before choosing to download something, just stop the search. Removing a file from the transfer page but keeping it on the hard drive is not possible. If you cancel a download, the file is completely deleted. Downloads can be viewed in the shared folder in Library.
Ares features a Library section that provides users with the possibility to organize their files depending on their type: Audio / Image / Video / Document / Software. Using this approach, users can easily sort content and browse it in a more comfortable manner.
Another feature worth mentioning is the built-in media that allows you to preview the content if the download is not finished, as well as create a playlist and listen to Internet radio. There is also a social advantage to Ares: it is able to connect you with people all over the world via the chat function.
To sum up, Ares Galaxy is a recommended choice because it provides access to a large database of clean, virus-free files.
Ares Galaxy description
Here are some key features of "Ares Galaxy":
· Fast multisource downloads
· Ares automatically finds more sources and downloads files from many users at once. This can increase remarkably the speed of your downloads
· Powerful library organizer
· Your shared files are organized into categories in a library section. You can sort your files by type, category and easily change your share settings. An handy quick-search feature locates your files by typing a keyword
· Built-in audio/video player
· You can preview files while their download is in progress and organize a playlist made of your favourites. Ares supports mouse drag and drop operations, now you can add files or import playlists with just one click
· Filesharing chat rooms
· You can host your chat room and join other available channels. Creating a chat channel has never been easier, now you can chat and meet new friends while you download files