Softpedia Editor's Review for BitTorrent Turbo Accelerator
An innovative plug-in for BitTorrent that will help you find more download sources
Written by Bogdan Popa on July 16th, 2012
Many users rely on BitTorrent when it comes to downloading files, especially large ones, most of them attracted by the impressive transfer rates this file sharing protocol has to offer.
For those who want to squeeze every single byte out of their Internet connection there are lots of tools out there that claim they can greatly increase these speeds.
Such an example is BitTorrent Turbo Accelerator, an application that's specifically designed to work with BitTorrent and boost download speeds as much as possible.
The program is quite easy to use and you won't really spend much time working with it because every single feature that's shown in the main window is quite intuitive. It even hosts a button that activates the BitTorrent application in case it isn't running.
You can thus enable or disable acceleration, choose the period to search for new download sources and the number of downloads to benefit from this acceleration. If you have more than one network interface connected to your system, BitTorrent Turbo Accelerator enables you to choose the one that you want to use.
When it comes to the actual efficiency of this tool, after a comprehensive test, we didn't notice a dramatic increase in speed even if the program reported the whole duration of the acceleration and kept track of every bytes sent and received.
All things considered, BitTorrent Turbo Accelerator is certainly a very easy to use application and it deserves a chance because it may be efficient on some computers.
BitTorrent Turbo Accelerator description
Here are some key features of "BitTorrent Turbo Accelerator":
· Automatically resumes paused downloads;
· Configuration from last run is saved and auto loads on start-up;
· Clean and free, without any adware or spyware;
· Finished and wrong files are cleaned automatically;
· Finds more sources at user- specified intervals;
· Interface is easy to use and good-looking;
· Interface is easy operable by a system tray icon.
· Nag screen
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· A complete new product, new interface, improved algorithms, bugs fixed.
Users are advised to pay attention while installing this ad-supported application:
· Offers to download or install software or components (WebScout) that the program does not require to fully function.
· Offers to change the homepage for web browsers installed in the system
· Offers to change the default search engine for web browsers installed in the system
· However you can uncheck this at installation