Softpedia Editor's Review for MediaFire Express
Quickly upload your files to the MediaFire website
Written by Sorin Cirneala on March 22nd, 2013
MediaFire Express allows you to access the functions of the MediaFire cloud service from your computer. It is designed to facilitate the file uploads to your online account and provide you with sharing options.
With this tool you can easily upload any file from your computer to the cloud storage. You can use the system tray icon or the program dashboard to drag and drop the items that need to be uploaded.
The Explorer context menu also provides you with an easy way to upload items directly from the Windows Explorer. However, by using the Drop-Zone feature you have the option to select the destination folder which makes it easier to organize your files. For the other upload options you need to manually enable the popup window from the Settings menu.
You can use the Drop-Zone or the tray icon context menu for capturing a screenshot of your desktop or a certain window. The captured image can be edited by highlighting the important parts, making notes or blurring the elements that are not relevant.
For every uploaded file you have the option of copying the URL to the clipboard in order to send it to your colleagues or business partners. This completes the goal of the application by providing quick access to the items stored in the cloud.
Although it is quite useful, the Drop-Zone popup can be annoying sometimes by appearing every time you place your mouse cursor on the system tray. Fortunately, you can add a delay or disable it altogether if you prefer to use the dashboard or the context menu.
During the large uploads a progress window is displayed on the desktop and allows you to view the remaining time and the file queue. You can pause the download and remove certain files from queue in order to prioritize the important items.
If you are looking for a way to share files with other persons, MediaFire is an eligible solution and MediaFire Express can help you upload content with minimum effort.
MediaFire Express description
Here are some key features of "MediaFire Express":
· Upload directly from your desktop. No need to open your web browser.
· Share files you've uploaded with a single click. Then simply paste where you like.
· Take a screenshot of your desktop for easy collaboration.
· Internet connection
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
Screenshot annotations now have color control:
· Now you can dress-up your screenshot’s annotation with colors. You can now set the color of all of the annotation elements (i.e., arrows, frames, text, backgrounds, etc.) from a rich selection of eye-catching colors. Set warnings in red, for example add the annotation, “Add no annotations here!” for irony. Add color-coded arrows, and rectangles. Fill text boxes and frames with color too. Assign colors to text! Even on a letter by letter basis.
Obliterate sensitive information from screenshots with the blur tool:
· Need to send a screenshot that also happened to capture some information (e.g., Social Security number, home address, embarrassing browser history or other folks’ email addresses) that you’d just rather not include? Just use the screenshot tool’s new “blur” tool to smear these sensitive details into illegibility. The blur tool works by convoluting pixels into an impenetrable smudge. Now you can have the best of all worl...