The SPINdle application was created in order to be a logic reasoner that can be utilized to compute the consequence of defeasible logic theories in an efficient manner.
The program covers both the basic defeasible logic and modal defeasible logic. It can be used as a standalone theory prover or as an embedded reasoning engine.
Here are some key features of "SPINdle":
· Supports all rule types of defeasible logic, such as fact, strict rules, defeasible rules, defeaters and superiority.
· Supports Modal Defeasible Logics with modal operator conversions.
· Supports negation and conflicting (mutually exclusive) literals.
· Defeasible theory can be represented using XML and plain text (with pre-defined syntax), and a theory and its extension can also be exported using XML.
· A visual theory editor is developed for editing standard defeasible logic theory.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· rules inference statuses logging and reasoning with negated modality are supported.
· minor bugs fixed.