Softpedia Editor's Review for eMule Turbo Accelerator
A new add-on for eMule file sharing program that will increase your download speed
Written by Bogdan Popa on February 13th, 2013
eMule Turbo Accelerator is an application designed to increase the speed of the downloads you perform with the eMule file sharing program, thus helping you take full advantage of your high-speed Internet connection.
Although it's such a simple software solution, be careful when installing it! The setup kit also comprises some unnecessary tools and tries to change the default search engine and homepage of your browser, while also attempting to deploy a third-party toolbar.
The interface is pretty user-friendly and straightforward and makes all things pretty easy for both beginners and more experienced users.
The main and the single window allows you to choose the network interface that uses the eMule file sharing application, but also the number of downloads you wish to accelerate.
The bottom of the screen is exclusively addressed to statistics, displaying the sent and received bytes, the current status of the app, as well as the total duration of acceleration.
And that's basically it. There are no other screens and menus, so eMule Turbo Accelerator is quite a basic software tool that attempts to do a single thing quick and without fancy features.
But let’s not go too far and claim that it does wonders. It carries out a decent job when trying to optimize network and Internet settings, but it can't push your Internet speed beyond its limits.
It runs on low computer resources though and works on virtually all Windows versions currently on the market, which makes it appropriate for every single eMule user out there.
eMule Turbo Accelerator description
Here are some key features of "eMule Turbo Accelerator":
· Finished and wrong files are cleaned automatically;
· Automatically resumes paused downloads;
· Finds more sources at user-specified intervals;
· Configuration from last run is saved and auto loads on start-up;
· Interface is easy to use and good-looking;
· Interface is easy operable by a system tray icon.
· eMule installed
· Nag screen
· Some features are disabled
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Major updates for interface and functionality.
Users are advised to pay attention while installing this ad-supported application:
· Offers to change the homepage for web browsers installed in the system
· Offers to change the default search engine for web browsers installed in the system
· Offers to download or install software or components (Autocomplete Pro and WebScout) that the program does not require to fully function