Softpedia Editor's Review for Firebug Lite for Google Chrome
Inspect HTML and modify style and layout in real-time
Written by Elena Opris on April 4th, 2013
After a brief installation procedure, Firebug Lite for Google Chrome places an icon next to the search bar. Clicking it reveals developer tools concerning the current webpage you are viewing.
So, you can view HTML elements, together with styles, the computed style, metrics, properties, DOM breakpoints and event listeners.
Other features of Firebug Lite for Google Chrome let you dock the tool to the main window, display the console (HTML and Body) and clear it, as well as select an element from the webpage to inspect it, among others.
The small app does not put a strain on the computer's resources, as it uses a low amount of CPU and system memory. It has a good response time and worked smoothly during our tests, without making Chrome hang, crash or pop up error dialogs. To conclude, Firebug Lite for Google Chrome should please most users who want to find out the HTML and CSS code of webpages.
Firebug Lite for Google Chrome description
Here are some key features of "Firebug Lite for Google Chrome":
· Browser toolbar integration
· Able to activate Firebug Lite for a particular domain
· Firebug Lite will be loaded before all other scripts, allowing it to capture all console calls, and all XHR requests for that page
· It is faster to load, because all code and images will be store in the extension's directory in your machine
· Google Chrome
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Issue 4776: [Firebug lite] CSS Media Types
· Issue 4777: [Firebug lite] Specificity of CSS Rules
· Issue 3760: [Firebug lite] CommandLine throws syntax error if there's a comment in the expression
· Issue 3326: [Firebug lite] CSS Rule Line Number
· Issue 3262: [Firebug Lite] CSS specificity is not being calculated properly
· Issue 4239: [Firebug Lite] Using ie7-js library crashes IE8
· Issue 4472: [Firebug Lite] Ajax headers deleted on IE
· Issue 4606: [Firebug Lite] Console is not working properly in recent versions of FF
· Issue 4587: [Firebug Lite] Opera shows security warning when using the Inspect tool
· Issue 4432: [Firebug Lite] HTML is mixed-up with functions
· cssAnalyzer code refactored
· cssParser (powered by sergeche's Simple CSS Parser https://github.com/sergeche/webkit-css)
· XHR calls made by Firebug Lite internally are not visible in the Console log anymore
· added FBL.getNativeXHRObject()
· Store module (powered by marcuswestin's library ...