Many sites on the web offer some limited support for encryption over HTTPS, but make it difficult to use. For instance, they may default to unencrypted HTTP, or fill encrypted pages with links that go back to the unencrypted site.
The HTTPS Everywhere extension fixes these problems by rewriting all requests to these sites to HTTPS.
HTTPS Everywhere is a handy software that will encrypt all communication with several major websites.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· New: MoinMoin
· Fixes: Adobe, Bahn.de, Cloudfront, Dell, Droplr, FBI, Google Maps, Joomla, Juno Download, Lenovo, New York Times, SEC, Soundcloud, Tweakers.net, Univ Strasbourg, Vkontakte, Zend
· Disable broken: AirAsia, Netvibes, Newgrounds, Pirate Bay, Russia Today, SVT, Wolfram Alpha
· Maybe fixed: Quantcast/Tumblr
· Sync languages and translations from the master branch.
· New languages: Finnish, Norwegian (Bokmål), Slovak, Bulgarian.
· All HTTPS Everywhere users will be now prompted about using the SSL Observatory.