The Add-on SDK is a set of tools and APIs for building, testing, and packaging Firefox add-ons.
The Add-on SDK is an environment for building Firefox add-ons. It aims to provide a comprehensive set of tools and high-level APIs for simple development of powerful add-ons.
Briefly, Add-on SDK is a collection of APIs that will allow you to build Firefox add-ons using only the web technologies you are already familiar with.
· Python 2.5 or 2.6 (Note that versions 3.0 and 3.1 of Python are not supported in this release)
· A working version of Firefox that uses Gecko 184.108.40.206 or later (e.g., Firefox 4.0b7).
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Landed the first stage of support for the new native version of Firefox Mobile.
· Localization Support
· Updated the codebase to use the new version of the Mozilla Public License.
Fixed some memory leaks:
· Add-on SDK leaks compartments (with MemChaser installed)
· Leak in cuddlefish.js (with add-on Copy Tiny Url 0.4), many compartments system principal
· "empty" SDK add-on creates zombie compartments in SDK 1.4.2
· require("widget") creates zombie compartments
· If your add-on has a long name, and the path to your Firefox profile is long enough, then the XPI installation process would try to create an intermediate file with a name longer than the maximum supported length on some Windows systems.