Quick Translator is a practical and useful Firefox extension designed to translate text by using your mouse or predefined key shortcuts.
By using Quick Translator you have the possibility to translate between more than 50 languages effortlessly. Each time you select a word or phrase, the icon's extension will be displayed on the main page.
Here are some key features of "Quick Translator":
- Supports translation in any combination of more than 50 languages
- Supports Firefox, Thunderbird, and SeaMonkey applications
- Automatic detection of the language of translated text
- Easily configurable to your own preference
- Support translation of manually inputted text
- Can be shown in any combination of a toolbar, status bar, or context menu.
- Translation by a hot key, with a mouse selection, context menu or floating button.
- Based on Google Language API
- added: compatibility up to 7.0a1 for Firefox and Thunderbird and 2.4a1 for SeaMonkey
- added: quick switch between target languages
- added: ability to specify source language in addition to auto-detection
- added: preserving basic format of translated text for better readability
- added: Danish localization
- added: Brazilian localization
- added: Serbian localization
- changed: improved preferences language selection
- changed: language menu removed in favor of translation popup language selection
- changed: status bar label removed
- changed: styling and interface improvements
- changed: disabling translation of password field (security issue)
- fixed: translator popup position adjusted if popup goes beyond the edge of browser window
- fixed: bug when using multiple application windows at the same time
- fixed: compatibility with frame based web-sites
- fixed: few bugs related to Firefox 3.0 and 3.5
- fixed: many small bug fixes and improvements