Softpedia Editor's Review for NRadioBox
A program for listening Internet radio stations.
Written by Elena Opris on April 18th, 2012
NRadioBox is a simple-to-use program that you can use to listen to radio stations from all over the world.
If you're using Windows 7, then make sure you run NRadioBox with administrative privileges. Otherwise, some irritating errors will pop up at every step of the way.
The interface of the application is simplistic and easy to navigate through. Once the list is updated, you can view all available radio stations (name, bit rate and genre)
But you can also use a search function and sort stations according to their language and genre.
In addition, you can create a favorites list, type a URL to load the stream, record audio, adjust and mute the volume, reload the playlist and view lyrics (if you install a plugin).
In "Settings" you can enable NRadioBox to play the last radio station on program restart, to show the song image and info balloon, as well as separate songs by name during auto recording and specify the output rec location.
Plus, NRadioBox can automatically run at system startup and has a brief help file for beginners. It takes up a low-to-moderate amount of system resources, supports several keyboard shortcuts and didn't freeze, crash or pop up errors during our tests.
You should also be able to change the skin but this didn't work in our case (clicking the option didn't do anything). The bottom line is that NRadioBox is an excellent program for listening to radio stations online and we highly recommend it to all users.
Here are some key features of "NRadioBox":
· A large number of radio stations
· Skin support
· List of favorite radio station
· The possibility of adding a new radio stations
· Streaming supported formats: acc, wma, m3u ..
· Song lyrics
· You can share favorite radio stationsit with others on facebook and twitter
· Play last active radio station on program restart.
· Show song image
· Display Info balloon with the name of the song and artist
· Recording songs from radio
· Automaticly separate and rename songs on recording
· Option to select folder for recording
· Detailed setting for start and end of recording
· program can be minimized in SystemTray
Users are advised to pay attention while installing this ad-supported application:
· Displays ad banners or other types of advertising material during its runtime