Tell us about an update
| User Rating:
Very Good (4.6/5)
Softpedia Editor's Review for inLight Radio Pro
An easy to use radio player for streaming music from the Internet with additional functions including recording multiple streams simultaneously
Written by Elena Opris on May 9th, 2013
inLight Radio is a simple-to-use application that provides direct access to online radio stations from all over the world. It addresses all types of users, even those with little or no experience in software apps.
The tool's interface is well-organized and intuitive. A list of all available radio stations is automatically displayed upon deployment, but you can use a search function to locate a specific channel.
You can check out the title, country of origin, genre and language for each station. It is possible to create a favorites list, adjust the volume or mute it, as well as record radio stream to file. Furthermore, you can view album covers and lyrics.
Plenty of configuration options are available through the Options screen. For instance, you can set inLight Radio to automatically run at system startup and to stay on top of other windows, allow multiple instances and minimize the tool to the system tray area.
Moreover, you can establish the bit rate and file extension for the recorded tracks (MP3, OGG, AAC, WMA), apply a fade in and out effect, reconfigure keyboard shortcuts, input proxy parameters and customize the interface theme (radio colors, stations list and current spectrum colors), to name but a few.
inLight Radio requires a pretty high amount of CPU and system memory, has a good response time and includes a FAQ page. No error dialogs have been shown throughout our testing and the app did not hang or crash. Thanks to its intuitive layout and overall simplicity, inLight Radio can be handled by all user levels.
inLight Radio Pro description
Here are some key features of "inLight Radio Pro":
- A simple radio player for streaming music from the internet!
- Implemented Bass into radio, copyright by Un4seen Developments.
- Implemented Lame Encoder into radio, copyrighted by The LAME Project.
- Automatically cycles through the current station sources till one is playable
- Over 17,000 radio stations in the database and counting
- You can easily record what you're listening to (record current track only, record all, record track from beginning)
- It has a 14 different spectrum analyzers that can be changed by left and right mouse clicks
- It has a huge database, and stations can be added by the user
- It will show album artwork cover if available (save the album image to a file)
- Writes artwork image and all tags possible into the recorded file
- You can right click on the album artwork and purchase the mp3 download or album from Amazon
- It will show track lyrics if available (save the lyrics to a text file)
- It can hide in the system tray while playing music
- It has a volume control and buffer status
- It has 4 EQ presets Jazz, Pop, Rock, and Classic
- Manage your favorite radio stations, play, add, edit and delete
- Play URL's from websites etc.
- It has the option to crossfade between stations
- Go back and view your playback history to play, clear one, or clear them all
- Add your own stations to the radio (unlimited)
- Automatically check for new program versions and stations updates
- Built in sleep timer that will stop playback, close the radio or even shutdown the PC!
- There is 4 list views in the radio Show all stations, Show my stations, Show my favorites, Show my history
- It is very easy to use
- .NET Framework 4
- Intel Pentium or Xeon processor /AMD processor
- Microsoft Internet Explorer
- 128MB of RAM (256MB recommended)
- 12MB of available hard-disk space
- Color monitor with 32-bit color video card
- Internal/External Sound Card
- Internet connection required
- Updated some "Options" in the options panel (re-worked code)
- Updated the MSI installer for saving settings etc...
- Bug fixes and other minor improvements + performance improvements
- The latest stations database file was compiled with this version!