Save Web pages, text and images to your offline portable web library
Search engines fulfill a critical role in finding the research content, the needles in the haystack, but what do you do with that valuable page once you have found it? How do you keep it, categorize and structure it, and comment upon it? In the physical world, you have filing cabinets, folders, photocopies, post-its and comments. Digital research requires digital management.
Surfulater is the Internet research filing cabinet, complete with drawers, folders and tags for organization, a built-in "photocopier" to keep saved permanent copies, comments and annotations to manage the content itself, and a powerful search engine to find results easily. When you use Surfulater you'll never loose important information you find on the Web or have to worry about Web sites or pages disappearing never to be found again.
- Works in conjunction with your Web Browser to capture information and images, and complete web pages with a couple of mouse clicks, as you surf.
- Efficiently builds a comprehensive research and reference library, which can be used both online and offline.
- Uses a Knowledge Tree to structure information
- Enables you to organize, manage and locate information quickly.
- Powerful cross referencing with unlimited 'see also' links.
- Helps you to navigate complex webs of related information.
- Have multiple copies of the same information in many folders with edits to any one updating all others.
- You don't have to choose which is the single most appropriate folder to store information, instead you can have it in many different categories at the same time.
- Uses HTML to provide a graphically rich environment to view and edit information.
- Information is captured in its original format and WYSIWYG HTML editing gives you freedom to change or present text as you want.
- Powerful full text search engine with and, or, not and phrase searching.
- Find information buried in your knowledge base in a snap.
- Built-in E-mail capabilities
- Share your knowledge with your friends and colleagues
- Two files hold all information.
- Makes it easy to move your knowledge base from computer to computer.
- Extensible and flexible design driven by XML.
- You aren't locked into hard coded proprietary software. For example new Article templates, Style color schemes etc. can be added without modifying the program.
- Stand alone program, not locked into and inside a Web Browser.
- Works with various Web Browsers. Doesn't make your Browser unstable. Not restricted to using the Browsers User Interface.
- Surfulater focuses on doing a small number of things exceptionally well, without lots of unnecessary bloat so common in programs today.
- Which means Surfulater is beautifully simple to use
- Uses the latest software technologies
- Fast to start and use. No messy and complex databases to worry about.
- Cheap and readily affordable.
- Makes your purchasing decision incredibly easy.
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!
What's New in This Release:
- This release updates the Surfulater Firefox Extension to work with Firefox Version 5. It also includes some minor updates to Surfulater.