Softpedia Editor's Review for Internet Cell Boost
Optimize Your Internet Connection
Written by Bogdan Popa on February 3rd, 2012
Internet Cell Boost is a connection optimizer tool designed to speed up your network and Internet connection automatically.
Although it does such an important job, it's pretty easy to use Internet Cell Boost, as the program boasts a very eye-candy and straightforward interface.
There are six tools in the main window, as it follows: “Internet Settings”, “Advanced Settings”, “Local Area Network”, “Mozilla Firefox”, “Internet Explorer” and “Everything Automatically”.
Once you click on “Internet Settings”, Internet Cell Boost prompts you to pick the type of your Internet connection, which can be anything from DSL or cable modem, wireless connection, dial up over fixed line, satellite or closed network.
After that, it's enough to hit the “Apply Optimizations Settings” and let Internet Cell Boost do its magic.
Although the application is so easy to use, beginners may get themselves in trouble when having to pick the type of network they're using, so it's mandatory to know this before optimizing the Internet connection.
Truth is, Internet Cell Boost boasts a “Default Windows Settings” option to make sure rookies are on the safe side, but there's no help file available in the package.
Another useful tool available in the program is the so-called “Monitor Network & Internet Connection” tool that opens a new screen showing download and upload graphs, along with a bunch of statistics. You can thus see current download and upload rates, average stats, best speeds, total bits downloaded and uploaded and overall bits transferred.
While we didn't see any major speed boost after installing Internet Cell Boost, we've received reports from users claiming that download speed has increased dramatically thanks to this app.
All in all, Internet Cell Boost is worth a try, that's for sure. It has a very pleasant interface and needs just a few clicks before optimizing the network connection.
Internet Cell Boost description
Here are some key features of "Internet Cell Boost":
· Optimize your Network & Internet connection by applying various tweaks that will help you get the most out of your subscription package & hardware.
· Works on all types of connections including DSL, Cable Modem, Satellite, GPRS, UMTS, HSDPA, WiMax, Dial-Up, ISDN and closed Networks.
· Monitor your connection with the built-in Monitoring System, specifically designed to help you examine the performance that your connection is currently achieving.
· Optimize your connection for peak performance or restore everything back to default with the touch of a button.
· 300 MHz CPU Speed
· 16 Megabytes of installed RAM
· 20 Megabytes free hardisk space
· Internet Connection
· Internet Connection
· Advanced optimization features are disabled
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Lite Edition has been phased out and replace by a Free Edition with the optional possibility to upgrade to Premium.
· A completely redesigned intuitive graphic user interface has been implemented.
· Revised MTU, MSS & RWIN adjustments to accommodate the latest data rate capabilities.
· Added the ability to adjust the Bandwidth Reserved for Window's Quality Of Service (QoS).
· Added the ability to optimize the Datagram Size.
· Added the ability to optimize the Fast Copy Receive Threshold.
· Time To Live has been adjusted to accommodate either 32, 64 or 128.
· Added the ability to optimize Local Network Connections.
· Mozilla Firefox optimized configurations has been revised to accommodate the latest specifications.
· Added the ability to optimize 'nglayout.initialpaint.delay' for Mozilla Firefox.
· Added the ability to optimize 'content.notify.backoffcount' for Mozilla Firefox.
· Added the ability to optimize 'ui.submenuDelay for Mozilla Firefox.
· Added the ability to optimize 'plug...