WWWQuickCheck is a handy utility designed to monitor multiple web sites. Your clients need their web sites and services to be up. However, occasionally things happen and somewhere along the complex communication path - something will get snagged. You need to know about these snags quickly and before your clients bring it to your attention!
WWWQuickCheck is a small Windows Service which can be configured to monitor any number of web sites. This application is very simple and is configured via an XML configuration file.
You can set the interval at which you'd like WWWQuickCheck to check the status of each website - at that time, a specific phrase or regular expression will be validated against the response from the configured URI. If a match is not successful, an email is sent to the email address(es) for that URI (each URI can have one or more email addresses attached to it).
WWWQuickCheck is a free, easy to install, easy to configure tool. Set it up once and cross your fingers that you don't get any failure emails!
Here are some key features of "WWWQuickCheck":
· Easy to install, configure, and use.
· UI allows easy control of the service and its configuration.
· Set it up once and forget that it even exists (except to tell your friends, of course).
· Configurable interval gives you complete control.
· Ability to check any number of web sites.
· Works for web services, too!
· Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0
· An active internet connection