Tell us about an update
| User Rating:
Softpedia Editor's Review for Ammyy Admin
Connects remote computers within seconds without any installation or configuration
Written by Ionut Ilascu on May 2nd, 2013
Read an in-depth analysis in our professional review for Ammyy Admin
Ammyy Admin is a nifty application designed for establishing remote desktop control between remote computers. It is completely portable, so there is no need to go through an installation process.
The connection between the remote machines is established based on a unique, hardware-based ID and no configuration is required to start a remote session as the program is transparent to firewalls and can be used on systems behind a router.
Password authentication can be enabled to ensure that at the other end is the right user.
All communication between the systems passes through public routers made available by the developer. However, is the public network seems like a compromise, the developer offers the possibility to route the connection through private devices, too.
Ammyy Admin encrypts the connection using AES and RSA standards, which has an impact on overall performance. Different encryption keys are used for each remote session.
After establishing the connection the receiver has to accept the session and can set the control level granted to the remote machine, which can be only to view the activity in development or give up full control of the unit.
To make things easier the application can remember the permissions for each computer ID.
Furthermore, Ammyy Admin is perfectly capable of enabling voice chat between the two users and offers basic file management functionality to transfer data, rename files and create new folders.
Obviously, the speed depends on the connection between the two computers; but some tweaking can also be done for better results. This includes disabling features such as visual effects or the desktop background on the remote desktop.
Working with Ammyy Admin is not a complicated job and even beginner users can handle it. However, users may find that the overall experience might be under par compared to similar applications.
Ammyy Admin description
Here are some key features of "Ammyy Admin":
- Access Computers from Anywhere:
- Administrators and employee users can access host computers from any computer
- No software installation on your servers are required
- No additional infrastructure or IT resources are required
- View only option
- Configure permissions on a per computer ID (based on hardware)
- Use with existing remote control programs: VNC, Terminal Server and so on
- Firewall Friendly:
- No need real ip-address (neither for Client nor for Operator)
- No configuration of IP addresses
- No need to change or open ports
- No need setup Firewall or VPN, so you'll avoid new "holes" in your system
- Work with all existing firewall and internet infrastructure
- No extra hardware of software to deploy
- Access computers behind gateways NAT without port mapping
- No installation required;
- Transfer Files between Local and Remote Computers;
- Maximum Security:
- Protected against man in the middle attacks
- All communications between the local and remote computers are encrypted by AES using a different key for each session
- No open ports on the local or remote side
- No plain text data packets passing over the network
- Nothing available for an attacker to exploit
- Remote Administration of Unattended Servers:
- Can work as system service
- Allow remote reboot, log on, log off, switch user, reconnect and so on