Softpedia Editor's Review for BlueSoleil
Exchange or synchronize personal information, name cards etc with other laptops, PDAs or mobile phones
Written by Giorgiana Arghire on July 17th, 2012
There are many ways for transferring files or distributing them to several computers and devices, and Bluetooth is one of them. BlueSoleil is a software solution that relies on this protocol for synchronizing or exchanging data between various devices.
After installation completes, you need to restart the computer before being able to use the application as it needs to update some system files to successfully install the tool. Needless to say, it also needs to run on a laptop that comes with Bluetooth or on a computer that has a dedicated dongle connected to it.
In order to be able to use BlueSoleil, you need to turn on your Bluetooth, then start scanning the surroundings for compatible devices. When you found the one you need, you can start transferring files via Bluetooth.
Users also get the possibility to specify the type of Bluetooth device they want to use, as the application supports USB, UART, PCMCIA and BCSP. Furthermore, for UART and BCSP devices, it is possible to change the COM Port, the Baud Rate, the Byte Size, the Parity, the Stop Bits and the Flow Control.
Due to BlueSoleil, users can not only quickly send files from their desktop PC to their phone or PDA, but they can also receive items just as easily. They can even push photographs taken by a Bluetooth digital camera to a computer without needing a cable to connect them.
In addition to these uses, BlueSoleil can come in handy for marketing campaigns, allowing business owners to send advertising materials to all customers that have Bluetooth enabled on their portable devices.
All in all, this application can help people find new functionality for their Bluetooth devices, and the only requirement is a dongle connected to the computer. If the evaluation version meets their necessities, users can purchase a license and enjoy its features without any limitation.
Here are some key features of "BlueSoleil":
· Support VoIP;
· Transfer files from/to mobiles phones;
· Call your contacts though Skype with Bluetooth headset;
· Wireless access Internet anywhere, anytime, even on moving;
· Listen to music stored in the PC using a Bluetooth wireless headset anywhere in the range;
· Push pictures from a Bluetooth Digital Camera to the PC without any cable connection;
· Print a file using a Bluetooth printer even in another room without any cable connection;
· Use Bluetooth wireless keyboard and mouse to control the PC;
· Exchange or synchronize personal information, name cards etc with other laptops, PDAs or mobile phones;
· Support Windows muti-user.
· CPU: 600MHz or above
· RAM: 128M or above
· Screen: 800*600 or above
· Display: Adapter True Color 16bits or above
· If your Bluetooth device is not licensed or has no serial number with this BlueSoleil version, the software will run with 2 MB Limitation (Amount of data)
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Supports Bluetooth 4.0.
· Improved BLE HID SDK.
· Improved AVRCP functions to support iTunes.
· Add two new items “Bluetooth Message” and “Bluetooth Low Energy” on BlueSoleil Display Classic View.
· Add three new items “Back up Contacts” “Recover Contacts” and “Start Sync” for Sync profile.
· Fixed bug: BlueSoleil Bttray can’t turn on with LE functions included.
· Fixed bug: The messy code in device property dialog.
· Fixed bug: Can’t see MAP icon on BlueSoleil Classic UI.
· Fixed bug: Can’t connect with HID device.
· Fixed bug: AVRCP control panel will not pop-up with Windows 8 inbox Bluetooth as TG and BlueSoleil as CT.
· Fixed bug: Sometimes can’t unplug HID devices.
· Fixed bug: BlueSoleil will crash while AVRCP dialog box is closed.
· Fixed bug: BlueSoleil will crash after connection with HFP device in Windows 8 OS.
· Fixed bug: Unable to control BT Volume with GUI Bar.
· Fixed bug: FTP windows would be crashed under windows 8 OS.BlueSoleil
· All specifications are subject to change without...