First released in 1998, it has since become the primary and most preferred remote administration solution for many businesses around the world. Chosen for its cost effectiveness, ease of use and unsurpassed flexibility, Goverlan is a favorite amongst user support teams, system administrators and enterprise administrators alike.
Goverlan Remote Administration Suite is a handy and comprehensive application that offers powerful administration diagnostic level management features.
Here are some key features of "Goverlan Remote Administration Suite":
Goverlan supports domain administration on both Windows NT domains and Active Directory forests simultaneously. The extensive list of domain administration tasks includes:
· Object and Active Directory hierarchy management
Domain policy management:
· Account settings and password management
· Real-time Support, Diagnostics and Administration of users and machines
· Easily support your users and machines by using Goverlan's Real-Time Administration and Diagnostic feature. This feature provides a unique and powerful set of system administration tools which allow you to trouble shoot and configure clients without remote controlling them, thereby allowing users to continue their work uninterrupted.
· The Real-time Administration & Diagnostic feature has an extensive set of features which covers most of your needs. However, for those times when a very specific task must be performed, use Goverlan to configure a Custom Action and make it part of the set of available features. Goverlan's existing set of features is highly customizable and extendable. Once you try Goverlan, you will never need or want another tool.
· The Remote Control feature allows you to view a remote machine's screen and control its mouse and keyboard as if you were sitting in front of it. Goverlan Remote Control is fast, secure and very easy to use. In addition, it doesn't require the pre-installation of software agents on the remote machine to function.
Enterprise User and Desktop Management:
· Use Goverlan's Scope Actions for all your enterprise and desktop management needs. Scope Actions do more than just generate asset management and inventory reports. It also allows you to modify user or machine settings globally using a push technology. This means that you can manage your user and desktop environment in real time!
Remote Administration using WMI:
· WMI (Windows Management Instrumentation) is a very powerful remote administration technology implemented in all Microsoft operating systems. It is a critical asset for all system and enterprise administrators. However, WMI can only be used through scripting or programming and requires knowledge of its extensive hierarchy of objects.
· Goverlan exposes the power of WMI technology through its user interface so that you can execute any WMI task without any scripting or intrinsic knowledge of the technology.
· Active Directory
· 30-day trial
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Improved User Interface: More user friendly with less dialog boxes, less buttons. Better organization and easier access to Goverlan features and external tools.
· Text Customization: Most of the text displayed in the user interface on the client machine can be customized for company branding, or translated to another language.
· Added Support for Terminal Services and Citrix Users: With Goverlan v7, you can support the console user of a machine and users connected remotely to a Microsoft Terminal Services server or a Citrix XenServer.
· Minimal Firewall Configuration: The number of communication ports used by the Goverlan Agents has been reduced from 3 to 1 for easy and minimal firewall configuration. See: Modifying the Communication Port.
· Improved Version Updates for Agents: The process for updating Goverlan Agents has been redesigned to reduce the agents' update requirements and to provide better backward compatibility.
· Goverlan Workgroup Mode: Share Goverlan ...