LANOff can backup, restore and shut down computers when the operation has completed.
LANOff monitors network connections and optionally initiates computer shutdown if the network connection to specified computers is lost. It can be initiated either manually or automatically via the Windows Task Scheduler. The shutdown delay and many other parameters can be configured via the configuration screen.
LanOff is part of the JSutils group of software utilities which have a theme of energy conservation. This program operates by interrogating each remote computer via a small slave program once a second. Up to four remote computers can be monitored or controlled with shutdown being initiated when connection to all specified computers is lost.
NOTE: LANOff requires a registration code (free for personal non commercial use). Users can get their personal free registration code here.
Here are some key features of "LANOff":
· Hovering over the various fields will display the tool tips with extra information. Errors will be flagged by a status message at the bottom of the screen when Save is clicked and the parameter(s) involved will also be highlighted. If no name is entered for a Slave the IP address will be displayed. You must enter an IP address or domain name on each Remote Computer. Any errors must be fixed before new data can be saved. The configuration file can be found in the data directory of the program (usually c:program filesJSutilsLANOffData) and is called LANOffS.ini.
· The Log Level can be set to None, Normal or Full. If the log file path is changed the path must end with ''.The alternate log path must be created manually and the permissions set to suit the required operation if it does not already exist before running the program. If the log level is set to Full configuration details are written to the log file when the configuration screen is closed if any changes have been saved, in addition configuration details are written to the log file each time the program starts.
· When using the remote slave you can use either an IP address or if the domain name check box is ticked a fully qualified domain name (on systems without a Directory Name Server you can also use the computer name). Only change the communications port if the program gives an error message indicating a clash with another program
· Minimum 1GHz CPU
· 512MB RAM
· LAN adapter
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Added options to automatically check for updates and rotate log files.
· Fixed a bug where fixed time activation was not overridden in test mode.
· Fixed a formatting error on the configuration screen plus minor improvements to main and configuration screens.