EMCO Remote Deployment is a comprehensive utility that helps you to make remote software deployments in no time.
Detected file system and registry changes can be automatically transformed to installation package, ready for remote deployment. Deployment process is silent and clientless, and it doesn't require any configuration of remote PCs.
The main goal of EMCO Remote Deployment is automation of software management and reducing efforts required for applications installation, uninstallation and update. In general, it gives you three main benefits.
First - you can make remote unattended deployment without physical visiting of each PC. Second - installation process is fully automatic, so you just need to press a button to install even large and complex application. Third - you can make mass remote software deployment on multiple PCs in the local network in parallel.
As the result, you can make software deployment much faster and easier than before. Moreover, you can centrally manage software installed across network by installing, uninstalling or updating applications when it is required directly from you work place.
Simple concept that doesn't require any special knowledge and easy-to-use interface are main benefits of EMCO Remote Deployment. All functions for installation package preparations and remote deployment are combined in one tool with simple intuitive interface.
With EMCO Remote Deployment the process of remote software installation is extremely easy and consists of just two steps: deployment package creation and its remote installation. If you have original installation or uninstallation to be replicated on remote PCs, the first step can be fully automatic.
You only need to press the button in EMCO Remote Deployment and make a system snapshot to capture current state of file system, registry and services. Then you can follow installation or uninstallation procedure and as soon as it will be completed you need to make another system snapshot. Comparing information from two snapshots application can automatically detect changes and generate deployment package.
Finally, when package is ready, you can scan network to detect available PCs and select those where you plan to install package. Remote deployment process is executed in parallel on multiple PCs and works invisible for remote users.
Here are some key features of "EMCO Remote Deployment":
Any installation or uninstallation process, executed locally, can be replicated to one or multiple remote PCs to perform mass remote software installation or uninstallation. No client modules installation or special remote PCs configuration is required:
· Unattended software installation and uninstallation
· Mass application deployment to remote PCs
· Silent deployment process on remote side
Deployment package is automatically prepared by taking two OS snapshots: before and after running application installation or uninstallation procedures. Detected file system, registry and other changes are included into the package:
· Package generation for any installation and uninstallation
· Fast snapshoting process that takes less than 1 minute
· Snapshoting of processes that require system reboot
Automated deployment gives you an ability to remotely install software to any node in your network, located in domain or workgroup. You only need to have an administrative access to remote PC in order to make remote installation:
· Schedule deployment by adding task to Windows schedule
· Execution of defined process before and after deployment
· E-mail notifications upon remote installation completion
Deployment package includes set of file system, registry and services changes that can be replicated to remote PCs. It is environment-independent, so you can deploy it to computers with different OS and system settings:
· Using system variables instead of platform-specific paths
· Automatic filtering of configured resources modification
· Starting and stopping services in scope of installation
· 1 GHz Intel Pentium processor or equivalent
· 512MB of RAM
· 250MB of free disk space
· Administrative rights on the local computer
· Enabled NetBIOS over TCP/IP
· Enabled File and Printer sharing
· Enabled access to the ADMIN$ share
· An ability to ping the computer within 1500 ms
· Started services: Computer Browser, Remote Registry
· TCP ports opened: 135, 139, 445, 6245
· UDP ports opened: 137, 138
· 30 runs trial
· Nag screen
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· The application's interface has been reworked to reorganize visual controls and make UI easier. Now you need to make less clicks to perform frequent tasks.
Simplified network enumeration:
· Network Enumeration Wizard used to configure target PCs for remote deployment was replaced by a set of actions that allow you to specify target PCs using simple configuration dialogs. You can scan add PCs from a particular workgroup/domain, add PCs by IP range, add specific PC defined by name/IP or add PCs defined in a file.
New and improved features:
Features below were firstly introduced or significantly improved in this release:
· Introduced an ability to install/uninstall multiple snapshot packages at once using multi-selection in UI
· Introduced export/import a Machine Queue to/from a file
· Improved compatibility with x64 platforms
· Improved Remote Management Tasks
· Improved set of predefined registry filters
· Improved transformation of snapshot packages to EXE/MSI that...