Xmanager will allow you to bring remote Linux / Unix desktops to your Windows PC seamlessly.
With Xmanager, X applications installed on remote UNIX based machines run seamlessly with Windows application side by side. It provides a powerful session management console, easy-to-use X application launcher, X server profile management tool, SSH module and a high performance PC X server for securely accessing a remote and virtualized UNIX and Linux environment.
Since X Window System is the standard technology that any modern UNIX based systems comes with by default, Xmanager requires no additional server side installation and only little or no changes are required to your existing IT infrastructure.
Xmanager provides a single point of access to consolidate heterogeneous OS and provides a flexible work environment to increase productivity.
Here are some key features of "Xmanager":
· A high-performance 32-bit X11R6 PC X server
· Support for Windows Terminal Server, Citrix MetaFrame for Windows
· XDMCP, SSH, RSH, REXEC, RLOGIN and TELNET connection protocols
· Up to 128 X client connections per Xmanager session
· Automatic Cut & Paste between X and MS Windows applications
· Integrated SSH1/SSH2 protocols with public key authentication
· Single & multiple window mode
· Processor: Intel Pentium processor
· Memory: 256 MB (recommends 512 MB)
· Hard disk: 100 MB
· Video: 256 color or above
· Network: TCP/IP Microsoft Winsock 1.1 or above
· Keyboard: Microsoft Windows compatible international keyboard
· Required software: Microsoft Internet Explorer® 6.0 or later
· 30-day trial
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· FIX: Insufficient memory/resource warning when starting an Xstart session that uses Local protocol
· FIX: Index tab of the Characters for simplified Chinese, traditional Chinese and Japanese help files are not displayed correctly
· FIX: Minor bug fixes