DBConvert for MS SQL & PostgreSQL description
Bi-directional DB conversion tool for MS SQL and PostgreSQL databases
DBConvert for MS SQL & PostgreSQL is a comprehensive and efficient software for converting and migrating databases.
The application will allow you to convert from:
· MS SQL to PostgreSQL
· MS SQL to MS SQL
· PostgreSQL to MS SQL
· PostgreSQL to PostgreSQL
· PostgreSQL to PostgreSQL Dump
· MS SQL to MS SQL Dump
· PostgreSQL to MS SQL Dump
· MS SQL to PostgreSQL Dump
· MS SQL to PHP Script
· PostgreSQL to PHP Script
Convert databases from MS SQL to PostgreSQL or from PostgreSQL to MS SQL rapidly and reliably! Operate with a whole database or select only needed tables, fields, indexes and foreign keys to proceed!
Reach the desired result by simply configuring of several options through Wizard interface or in command line mode! DBConvert for MS SQL & PostgreSQL is also applicable for PostgreSQL database migration to another PostgreSQL database. Moreover, DBConvert for MS SQL & PostgreSQL is quite well for MS SQL database migration to another MS SQL database.
Here are some key features of "DBConvert for MS SQL & PostgreSQL":
· Microsoft SQL Server Express 2005/2008 and Microsoft SQL Server 2000/2005/2008 support
· Interactive (GUI) mode / command line mode;
· Saving data into a PostgreSQL Dump, PHP script for export to PostgreSQL database;
· Saving data into a MS SQL Dump for export to MS SQL database;
· Ability to select TCP/IP, PIPE, IPX/SPX communications protocols;
· Feature to replace symbols in names of tables and fields (which are required not to be used as they are the symbols reserved for MS SQL/PostgreSQL internal purposes) with a substitute symbol;
· Automation of the conversion process with task scheduler;
Unicode/Connection character sets for PostgreSQL Server Support:
· LATIN1, LATIN2, LATIN5, LATIN7, ARMSCII8, ASCII, CP1250, CP1251, CP1256, CP1257, CP850, CP852, CP866, DEC8, GEOSTD8, GREEK, HEBREW, HP8, KEYBCS2, KOI8R, KOI8U, MACCE, MACROMAN, SWE7, UTF8 (unicode charset);
· Unicode (utf-8/ utf-16) for MS SQL Server support, all possible encoding support;;
· Primary keys and Indexes support;
· Foreign key (relations) support;
· MS SQL and PostgreSQL schemes support;
Advanced customization options:
· - partial selection for database objects to be converted.
· - database objects (tables, fields, indexes) renaming before conversion.
· - detection of possible conversion errors at customization stage.
· Binary data type conversion support;
· Support for AutoIncrement fields conversion;
· Support for field default values conversion;
· High speed of data conversion;
· Sessions support - all your settings can be saved and restored then.
· Ability to connect to PostgreSQL database servers located on all Unix-like and Windows machines.
· Skins support.
· At least 32 MB of RAM
· Necessary privileges to write into database on the target MS SQL/PostgreSQL server.
· MDAC 2.8
· PostgreSQL 8.x/7.4
· MS SQL 2000/2005/2008/Express
· Nag screen
· It converts only 50 initial records for each database table
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Compatibility with PostgreSQL server v.8.3.1 added.
· SSL technique for encrypted data conversion support.
· Variable quantization step added.