DataCleaner is a simple, easy to use data quality application designed to help you profile, compare, validate and monitor. DataCleaner consist of a standalone GUI for profiling, comparing and validating and a webapp for monitoring.
This utility was developed as an alternative to software for master data management (MDM) methodologies, data warehousing (DW) projects, statistical research, preparation for extract-transform-load (ETL) activities and more.
Here are some key features of "DataCleaner":
· Profiles your database within minutes
· Access almost any datastore - Oracle, MySQL, MS Access, CSV files, dbase and more
· Find out which values occur the most with the Value Distribution profile
· Discover patterns in your textual data with the Pattern Finder
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· We've added a web service in the monitoring application for getting a (list of) metric values. This makes the monitoring even more usable as a key infrastructure component, as a way to monitor data (quality) and expose the results to third party applications
· The 'Table lookup' component has been improved by adding join semantics as a configurable property. Using the join semantics you can tweak if you wish the lookup to work semantically like a LEFT JOIN or an INNER JOIN.
· The EasyDQ components have been upgraded, adding further configuration options and a richer deduplication result interface.
· Performance improvements have been a specific focus of this release. Improvements have been made in the engine of DataCleaner to further utilize a streaming processing approach in certain corner cases which was not covered previously.