Databases usually contain multiple and files filegroups. Understanding the locations and disk-space usage, how much space is used, per file, per filegroup, per hard-drive or per database is often a complex tasks. Out of the box solution with Management Studio offers a long, unsortable, non-aggregated list.
Database File Explorer is a simple, yet powerful solution for exploring your files and filegroups and quickly understanding their Locations and disk-space usage.
Take Database File Explorer and give it a go to fully assess its capabilities!
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Log file is now being recycled when over a configured size (currently 10mb)
· Added ChangeLog (inside the About Window)
· Core classes updated
· SQL Text highlight feature implemented
· Added SQL Profiler integration
· If multiple versions are installed, SSMS/Profiler will launch at the newest version
· Multiple UI improvements