Jet Profiler for MySQL is real-time query performance and diagnostics software especially designed for the MySQL database server.
Jet Profiler for MySQL focuses on queries, tables and users. This gives you the information you need in order to quickly fix performance problems in your code, such as most frequent queries, most used tables or the busiest users.
Data is collected, analyzed and displayed in real-time in diagrams, pie charts and tables. The graphical layout allows you to easily drill down and navigate your way through the vital data.
Most of the profiling work is done in the Jet Profiler application, not in the database server. Therefore, the performance hit is normally negligible, around 1%.
It supports all MySQL versions. No database server changes are necessary. No agents or separate services are needed. Jet Profiler for MySQL is a desktop application which runs on your computer. You start it, connect to a server, hit the record button and you can review the results in minutes.
Here are some key features of "Jet Profiler for MySQL (formerly Jet Profiler)":
· Top Queries - See which queries are being run the most on your server.
· Top Users - See which users are using your server the most.
· Top Tables - See which database tables are opened the most.
· Top States - See which states your database is most busy doing, such as creating temp tables.
· Replication Profiling - You can measure how much capacity you have left on the replication SQL thread on slaves. If you are using MyISAM a lot, a lock analysis will help discover any locks associated with replication.
· Master and Slave statistics - See how many threads are working on your masters and slaves. Find I/O or SQL bottlenecks.
· MyISAM Lock Analysis - You can view which queries cause the most amount of MyISAM locking. This can be used to minimize replication lag and lock contention on busy tables.
· Query Ratings - You can get your queries rated and see which queries are most likely to cause load due to missing indices, big tables and more.
· Query Visualization - The query execution plan can be visualized using EXPLAIN. A diagram shows the table lookups involved, the rating and join size.
· Slow Queries - See the slowest queries per time interval.
· Zoomable GUI - You can easily zoom in on spikes in your load and see the corresponding queries for that time interval.
· General Server Metrics - Such as threads connected, network I/O, command statistics, handler statistics and more. 50+ metrics are recorded from the server.
· Save / Load Support - Save profiling data for later use, compare week to week or normal load vs high load situations.
· Low Overhead - Running the tool against your database typically costs around 1%. Recording granularity customizable.
· Supports all MySQL Versions - Works on 3.x (!), 4.0, 4.1, 5.0, 5.1 and 6.0, Enterprise and Community editions.
· Works on Windows, Linux and Mac
· No Server Changes
· Simple Setup
· 500+ MHz Pentium processor or better
· 1 GB of computer memory or more
· 200 MB of available hard drive space or more
· 1024 x 768 pixels screen resolution or better
· Some Top Queries are masked out in the free version
· The following features are disabled:
· Top Users
· Top States
· Slow Queries
· Locked Queries
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Better error message when trying to run in a headless environment (without display).
· Fixed bug #98 - Fails to start recording if database connection is dropped precisely then.
· Fixed bug #106 - Recording fails when encountering invalid utf-8 characters in very long queries.
· Fixed bug #107 - New jdbc driver produces undocumented errors during sudden disconnect, preventing automatic reconnect.