McCoy DataView file viewer is an all purpose ASCII database viewer designed to view either flat or delimited types of files. Only a small portion of the file is loaded at any one time so you can view and scroll through databases with millions of records.
This is not only a viewer but it is also the first step in using other downloadable data manipulation and processing software from the web site. Moreover, the application integrates a file conversion function that allows users to choose from several output formats such as CSV, Flat or DBase III.
Here are some key features of "McCoy DataView":
· Define your own file types and delimiters
· Hex editor that can really edit in hex search and replace utility
· Auto record length guessing algorythm for flat files
· Indexed searching capability on fields
· File conversion utility
· Field code counter to view the frequency of data in a field
· Import field layout definitions from other files
· Delimited file record index - used for jumping around the file instantly
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Added the ability to read and write escape characters for the delimited files.
· Replaced the 'DataConnection' file with a McCoy_Basic script. (not as quick now during open)
· Removed the 'FlatFile' class and everything uses the 'File' class
· Added a couple more button to the fields editing form; "Split Field" and "Insert Field"
· For flat files; the auto record length algorythym will also attempt to define default fields too.
· Tools menu will be disabled after you close a file. The tools will not work unless a file is open.
· ImportFields tool will work with the McCoy_Basic connection script.
· Added "All Files|*.*" as another option in the file open dialog.