iSQL-Viewer is an open-source compliant database JDBC 2.x front end written in Java.
iSQL-Viewer implements across multiple platforms features of the JDBC API. It does everything through a single interface.
iSQL-Viewer works with most database platforms, including PostgreSQL, MySQL, Oracle, and Informix. iSQL-Viewer provides a variety of tools and features to carry out common database tasks.
iSQL-Viewer is designed to meet the needs of JDBC Driver developers and database developers who work in single or multi-platform environments.
Here are some key features of "iSQL Viewer":
· Scripting support using JPython and the IBM BSF framework
· A guided query builder for creating simple and complex SQL queries
· Enhanced object viewing for images, HTML, and other binary format files
· A friendly SQL console for executing SQL statements
· Batch processing of SQL files
· Database introspection
· "Bookmarks" to store SQL commands you commonly use
· Import and export to popular file formats such as Microsoft Excel, XML, HTML and ASCII delimited.
· Enhanced interface support across platforms
· Java 2 Runtime Environment (JRE) with a version number 1.4.0 and higher