Microsoft Exchange Server helps IT Professionals achieve new levels of reliability with greater flexibility, enhanced user experiences, and increased protection for business communications.
Flexible and reliable - Exchange Server gives you the flexibility to tailor your deployment based on your company's unique needs and a simplified way to keep e-mail continuously available for your users.
Anywhere access - Exchange Server helps your users get more done by giving them the freedom to securely access all their communications - e-mail, voice mail, instant messaging, and more - from virtually any platform, Web browser, or device.
Protection and compliance - Exchange Server delivers integrated information loss prevention, and compliance tools aimed at helping you simplify the process of protecting your company's communications and meeting regulatory requirements.
For most businesses today, e-mail is the mission-critical communications tool that allows their people to produce the best results. This greater reliance on e-mail has increased the number of messages sent and received, the variety of work getting done, and even the speed of business itself.
Amid this change, employee expectations have also evolved. Today, employees look for rich, efficient access to e-mail, attachments, calendars, contacts,and more no matter where they are or what type of device they are using.
For IT professionals, delivering a messaging system that addresses these needs must be balanced against other requirements such as security and cost. Enterprise security requirements have become more complex as the demand and use for e-mail has increased.
Today, IT departments must contend with e-mail security threats that are wide ranging: continually evolving spam and viruses, noncompliance risks, the vulnerability of e-mail to interception and tampering, in addition to the potential harmful effects of natural and man-made disasters.
While security is clearly a priority, IT is ever cognizant of the need to manage cost. Time, money, and resource constraints are a fact of life as IT is made accountable to do more with less. As a result, IT professionals look for a messaging system that addresses both enterprise and employee needs while also being cost-effective to deploy and manage.
· x64 architecture-based computer with Intel processor that supports Intel Extended Memory 64 Technology (Intel EM64T) or AMD processor that supports the AMD64 platform; Intel Itanium family IA64 processors are not supported
· Microsoft Windows Server 2003 x64 or Windows Server 2003 R2 x64, Standard or Enterprise Edition
· Minimum 2 GB of RAM per server;
Available hard-disk space
· Minimum of 1.2 GB on the hard disk where you install Exchange Server 2007 ( Additional 500 MB of available hard disk space per language if installing language packs for Unified Messaging beyond those included in the default installation )
· 200 MB on the system drive
· DVD, local, or network accessible
· Disk partitions must be formatted for the NTFS file system, not the file allocation table (FAT) file system
Prerequisite software required
· Microsoft .NET Framework Version 2.0
· Microsoft Management Console (MMC) 3.0
· Windows PowerShell
· Microsoft Active Directory; applies to all server roles except for Edge Transport
· Active Directory Application Mode (ADAM) SP1; applies to Edge Transport server role
Microsoft Exchange Server 2010 Language Pack Bundle
This download is available to customers who would like to install the most recent languages packs for Exchange 2010. This bundle does not include language packs for Unified Messaging.
Microsoft Exchange Server 2010 UM Language Packs
Unified Messaging (UM) language packs allow an Exchange Server 2010 UM server to speak additional languages to callers and recognize other languages when callers use ASR or when voice messages are transcribed. UM language packs contain:
- Pre-recorded prompts, for example "After the tone, please record your message. When you’ve finished recording, hang up, or press the # key for more options." in the language of the UM language pack.
- Grammar files that are used by a UM server to lookup the names of given users in the directory in the language of the UM language pack.
- Text to Speech (TTS) translation so that content (e-mail, calendar, contact information, etc.) can be read to callers in the language of the UM language pack.
- Support for Automatic Speech Recognition (ASR), which allows callers to interact with - UM using the voice user interface (VUI) in the language of the UM language pack.
- Support for Voice Mail Preview which allows users to read the transcript of voice mail messages in a specific language from within a supported e-mail client such as Outlook or Outlook Web Access.
The downloads contain pre-recorded prompts, grammar files, text to speech data, Automatic Speech Recognition (ASR) files, and Voice Mail Preview capabilities for a specific language that is supported by Exchange 2010 Unified Messaging. Warning: This UM language pack must only be installed as an add-in to Exchange Server 2010 Unified Messaging.
In order to receive an evaluation key and access the downloads, you need to register for a TechNet or MSDN account or use an existing one.
The Exchange Server 2013 RTM downloads are in IMG format and to install the suite you have to burn the downloaded file to a CD or DVD then use it to deploy the setup.
· 60 days trial