eWall SMTP Proxy Free description
A SMTP gateway between your mail server and the Internet, catching spam/viruses.
eWall is a Windows based gateway between the Internet and your mail server. It monitors the SMTP traffic in real-time, catching the majority of spam and viruses. The chain of flexible filters stops more than 95% of unwanted emails out of the box (more than 99% with Message Sniffer), dropping the mail server load by more than 90%. eWall doesn't require maintenance and includes optional self-updating components (ClamAV, Message Sniffer), that seamlessly work with and protect your mail environment from spam and viruses 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
eWall is built on top of time-proven and reliable technologies. PHP is used as a flexible and powerful scripting engine, allowing you to write filters of any complexity. Any standard PHP drivers or libraries can be used in eWall's event-driven environment. The powerful PostgreSQL database is used to keep the statistics and index quarantined messages, emails and IP-lists, and track the session history. XML-RPC transport is used to manage and watch the eWall remotely from the Control Panel.
All filters represent open-sourced snippets of PHP code, stored in the eWall Repository. The Repository is an XML-formatted file with well documented structure, allowing you to easily modify existing, or quicky develop new, filters, containing the newest anti-spam and anti-virus techniques. The Repository shipped with eWall already contains most of major anti-spam and anti-virus filters, such as DNSBL, SPF, SURBL, Attachment filtering, Country filtering, SpamAssassin, ClamAV and various misc tests. Get eWall and take it for a spin to see what it can actually do for you!
NOTE: For the free version you need to register here. The Free edition is limited to the number of mailboxes and intended for small companies.
Here are some key features of "eWall SMTP Proxy Free":
· Works with any mail server
· The SMTP service is the primary component of any mail server, and this is eWall's domain against the web threats and where it operates. That's why eWall works with any mail server.
· PHP + PostgreSQL + XML-RPC. This formula briefly outlines eWall's internals. As you can see, eWall is built upon reliable, time-proven technologies.
· Fast multi-threaded service
· eWall installs and runs as a high-performance Windows service.
· Turnkey solution
· eWall is ready to use out-of-the-box. The set of pre-defined filters start fighting SPAM and viruses immediately after installation. Only minimal, optional, configuration may be needed.
· Zero maintenance
· At pre-defined intervals, eWall deletes the old database records, quarantined emails and compresses the log files.
· The installed components, such as ClamAV and Message Sniffer are pre-configured to automatically download and install any updates.
· eWall has a Quarantine for filtered emails, which can be reviewed and appropriate messages forwarded on to the recipients.
· Remote Control Panel
· The eWall Remote Control Panel can be installed anywhere, and allows you to manage the eWall service itself, configure filters, and view the stats and logs in real time. Communications between eWall and the Remote Control Panel uses the XML-RPC channel, which transparent to regular firewalls. As a bonus, it includes a cool, animated dashboard, demonstrating the filtering process in pseudo-3D graphics.
· eWall is also able to counter spammers with the tarpitting feature, wasting THEIR resources, with minimal resource consumption on your side.
· Doesn't depend on .NET
· ... or any other framework. All necessary libraries are included in the installer.
· Intel Pentium 4 (2.8 GHz) CPU or better
· 2 GB of RAM
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Fixed problem with missing attachments and HTML content
| ||Softpedia guarantees that eWall SMTP Proxy Free 184.108.40.206 is 100% CLEAN, which means it does not contain any form of malware, including spyware, viruses, trojans and backdoors. [read more >] |