DNS Performance Test 0.8.4 Beta
Add it to your Download Basket!
Add it to your Watch List!
What's new in DNS Performance Test 0.8.4 Beta:
- Added Timeout test & count (> 1200 ms) so that DNS Queries that timeout will not skew the results.
- Fixed Misspelling in stats page.
- Ditched the unreliable Preemptive Threading Module I was using for a more traditional cooperative threading model. (The window may not be as responsive while tests are running but stability should be greatly increased, so less crashes !)
- Changed Graph to draw all lines in black as some of the colors were hard to read.
malware send us
- LICENSE TYPE:
- FILE SIZE:
- 1.1 MB
- OUR RATING:
- DEVELOPED BY:
- USER RATING:
- C: \ Internet \ Servers \ Other Servers
The advantages of being portable
Since this is a portable program, it is important to mention that it doesn’t leave any traces in the Windows Registry.
You can copy it on any USB flash drive or other devices, and take it with you whenever you need to test your DNS functionality on the breeze, without having to go through installation steps.
Check out the results in a line graph
As soon as you run it, DNS Performance Test automatically starts resolving the domain names included in the plain text file in a random order. The document contains a preset list with various domain names, and you can manually edit this file if you want to test different domains.
The line graph provides details about the DNS query times (in milliseconds), and you can also view additional information about the number of successful queries, average, best, or worst query time, last query time, timeouts, as well as overall status of your DNS performance.
To sum it up, DNS Performance Test provides a simple software solution when it comes to helping you ensure that the DNS lookups are working properly and the server is resolving the domain names correctly. It would have useful to see support for instant notifications (e.g. email, SMS, audio notifications, popup messages) when there are problems with the DNS, such as downtime or performance issues.
DNS Performance Test was reviewed by Ana Marculescu, last updated on April 5th, 2014
Runs on: Windows XP / Vista / 7 / 7 64 bit