Microsoft Project Server, built on SharePoint Server, provides organizations with flexible work management solutions. Project Server unifies project and portfolio management to help organizations align resources and investments with business priorities, gain control across all types of work, and visualize performance through powerful dashboards.
Project Server Evaluation ensures organizations select and deliver the right projects, while gaining greater visibility and control of resources leading to improved productivity and better business performance.
In order to receive an evaluation key and access the downloads, you need to register for a TechNet or MSDN account or use an existing one.
The Microsoft Project Server 2013 RTM downloads are in IMG format and to install the suite you have to burn the downloaded file to a CD or DVD then use it to deploy the setup.
Here are some key features of "Microsoft Project Server":
· From a simple and intuitive user experience — plan, schedule and successfully complete important work
· Enhance productivity using a sophisticated yet easy-to-use tool with built in reporting and powerful collaboration capabilities
· Select the right projects, optimize scarce resources and manage costs with unified product and portfolio management
· Built on Microsoft SharePoint, choose a flexible and powerful work management solution that integrates, extends, and scales for the enterprise
· Unified project & portfolio management
· Simple and intuitive user experience
· Enhanced collaboration and reporting
· Scalable & connected platform
· 64-bit, dual processor, 3 GHz
· 4 GB for evaluation installation
· 8 GB for single server and multiple server farm installation for pilot or production use
· Hard disk
· 80 GB
· Hyper-V Virtualization
· DVD drive
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· End-to-end project and portfolio management
· A single server which combines the best of Office Project Portfolio Server 2007 with deep capabilities of Project Server 2010
· Built on SharePoint Server 2010
· Bring together powerful business collaboration, business intelligence, and structured execution capacities