Softpedia Editor's Review for Raidcall
A voice chat application based on Cloud Computing
Written by Andreea Matei on May 15th, 2013
Raidcall is a reliable instant messaging service wrapped up in a powerful application that stands out through features such as voice chat and flexible group management.
Raidcall is an optimal choice for home users, as well as employees of small to medium companies who are looking for a simple way to communicate freely inside a limitless group. Nonetheless, the targeted audience is represented by gamers who can take advantage of a streamlined chat solution that works seamlessly while playing games.
Raidcall benefits from a modern and user-friendly interface populated with just the right amount of menus and features to make it a winner. In order to be able to make acquaintance with it, you are required to sign up for an account, which can be achieved in two different ways: from the developer’s website or directly from the application.
As soon as you manage to enter the software, you are presented with the most popular chat groups, as well as a stream of the latest games news. If you’re interested only in the instant messaging features of the application, you may navigate to the Groups section, where you can create a new room, invite friends and communicate freely, while also being able to take advantage of the voice chat option.
However, if you’re a gamer, you can move over to the Games section, where you can find a rich list of chat rooms designed for dedicated discussions. You can join groups for games such as World of Tanks, World of Warcraft, League of Legends and so on in order to exchange opinions with other players.
Inside a chat room, you can post announcements, create polls, speak through voice, as well as to manage existing members and to assign permissions or set restrictions. In addition, you can blacklist users by name or by their IP address.
In conclusion, Raidcall works as a charm for a wide array of audiences, from home users, to employees and gamers, although, clearly, it’s bent on the latter category. In essence, it’s an appropriate choice for any group of users who desire privacy while discussing matters related to games, work or anything else.
Here are some key features of "Raidcall":
· Raidcall Overlay is a built-in Flash-based engine which enables you to freely use Raidcall within any game. You may chat, talk, and even watch walkthrough videos without ever having to leave the game.
· You can meet plenty of new friends in the Raidcall network, or use Raidcall to track down your buddies.
Crisp & Smooth Audio Quality:
· Raidcall relies on the most popular and powerful audio-engine, Speex, to effectively reduce noise and promote audio quality. Raidcall offers near-perfect audio communication within your game.
· Raidcall utilizes UDP as communication protocol, therefore significantly shortens delay when compared to the TCP Protocol used by other VoiP systems. With advanced packet recovery Algorithm, Raidcall offers real-time voice-chat for your game, allowing your team to communicate with greater efficiency and Precision.
Light & Fast:
· Raidcall is swift and light. The installation file is only 1.5MB. The software only takes up 10MB of RAM and 0.77-1.55% of your CPU resource. Raidcall is designed to be as fast and slick as possible so your game may run smoother and FASTER.
· Raidcall is pre-built with different Privacy Setting and Authorization Schemes that allows you to assign different authority to different characters based on channels. This feature is designed to help you to better manage your guild and team.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Themes feature
· Report option
· Buttons in the group for applications, including Announcement, Members Chat, Poll and Activity Log
· Option to remove the most recent groups
· Like' option in group
· Users can now check 'My Memberships' via user profile
· Users can now add Live Video URL to announcement
· Users can now connect to Facebook via RaidCall
· User interface and icons
· RaidCall program layout
· Apply For Recommended feature
· RaidCall program menu options
· Members icon in group
· Options for managing members in group
· Channel broadcast
· IM window interface
· Group/Channel announcements
· Options for managing the group
· Sound alerts
· Chat logs feature
· Voice sensitivity bar of Free-Talk Mode setting