Create and listen to online music playlists
Subsonic is a media streamer that you can access from your Internet browser and use it to create playlists containing your favorite music and share it with other people.
The application enables you to stream to multiple players simultaneously form different places. Subsonic is able to handle large numbers of songs and is optimized for MP3 streaming.
Here are some key features of "Subsonic":
Easy to use:
· Listen to your music from anywhere – all you need is a browser.
· The clean web interface is optimized for constrained bandwidth environments and efficient browsing through large music collections (hundreds of gigabytes).
· Free-text search helps you find your favorite tracks quickly.
· Displays cover art, including images embedded in ID3 tags.
· Assign ratings and comments to albums.
· Common playlist features (add, remove, rearrange, repeat, shuffle, undo, save, load).
· Stream or download music directly to your phone. Apps available for Android, iPhone and Windows Phone
· Use the AIR desktop application, SubAir.
· Control Subsonic from any mobile phone or PDA, using the WAP interface.
· Supports multiple simultaneous players. Manage any player from any location.
Supports most media formats:
· Supports MP3, OGG, AAC and any other audio or video format that streams over HTTP.
· Transcoding engine allows for streaming of a variety of lossy and lossless formats by converting to MP3 on-the-fly.
· Works with any network-enabled media player, such as Winamp, iTunes, XMMS, VLC, MusicMatch and Windows Media Player. Also includes an embedded Flash player.
· Tag parsing and editing of MP3, AAC, OGG, FLAC, WMA and APE files, using the Jaudiotagger library.
· Playlists can be saved and restored. M3U, PLS and XSPF formats are supported. Saved playlists are available as Podcasts.
Secure and reliable:
· Users must log in with a username and password. Users are assigned different privileges.
· Specify upload and download bandwidth limits.
· Use HTTPS/SSL encryption for ultimate protection.
· Supports authentication in LDAP and Active Directory.
· Runs for months without crashing, hanging or leaking resources.
· Internet connection
· 30 days trial
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· New: Introduced Subsonic Premium. (Note: Existing licenses will remain valid)
· New: Re-import playlists if file timestamp has changed.
· New: Make playlist folder setting visible again.
· New: Changed bitrate to video resolution mapping.
· New: Added Norwegion Nynorsk translation, courtesy of Kevin Brubeck Unhammer.
· New: Updated Dutch translation, courtesy of W. van der Heijden.
· New: Updated German translation, courtesy of deejay2302.
· New: Updated French translation, courtesy of Yoann Spicher.
· New: Updated Simplified Chinese translation, courtesy of Zhenghao Zhu.
· Bugfix: Settings > Network doesn't show error if a subsonic.org address is in use.
· Bugfix: Improved speed of tag editing.
· Bugfix: Ogg dates not always parsed properly.
· Bugfix: Sort songs by filename if track number is missing.
· Bugfix: Fix init exception in podcast bean.
· Bugfix: Links to minisub and apps icons doesn't honor context path.
· Bugfix: Less aggressive removal of t...