TekRadius was developed as an accessible and useful RADIUS server. TekRadius complies with RFC 2865 and RFC 2866.
It currently supports Microsoft SQL Server. It runs as a Windows Service and comes with a Win32 management interface.
TekRadius allows you to log session details into a log file or to Event Log. You can select IP address to be listen and Radius Authentication and Accounting ports.
You can optionally run it in Authorization only mode and you can turn off Accounting if you wish. You can also define your own Authorization SQL SELECT clause.
TekRADIUS supports PAP, CHAP, MS-CHAP v1, MS-CHAP v2, EAP-MD5, EAP-MS-CHAP v2 and PEAP (PEAPv0-EAP-MS-CHAP v2) authentication methods.
Here are some key features of "TekRadius":
· Limits number of simultaneous sessions for the users.
· RADIUS Dictionary can be edited through TRManager GUI.
· Authentication and Accounting ports are user selectable.
· You can create SQL database and tables through TRManager GUI.
· You can map RADIUS Accounting attributes to Accounting table fields.
· TekRADIUS can be run in Authentication only or Authorization only mode.
· Generates MS-MPPE Keys for VPN connections.
· Supports OTP (One Time Password) authentication based RFC 2289.
· Built-in DHCP server.
· You can specify an Expire Date and Time Quota for the users and use Authentication method as a RADIUS check item.
· You can Authenticate users against Windows Domain or Active Directory.
· Command line utility for adding, deleting and editing users.
· Disconnects users with Packet of Disconnect (Pod) or user defined kill command.
· You can specify how much time user account will be valid after the first logon (Time-Limit) and you can specify allowed logon days and hours (Login-Time).
· Disabling user profile after user configurable number of unsuccessful login attempts.
· You can specify credit limits for daily, weekly or monthly periods.
· You can run and check result of an external executable as a check item.
· Microsoft SQL server
· 1024 MB RAM
· Microsoft.NET Framework v4.0 Client Profile
· 5 MB of disk space for installation. Disk space required for TekRADIUS database depends on your usage
· Administrative privileges
· Although an “sa” equivalent SQL user needed to create the database and the tables, users can set a less privileged SQL user for regular operation after creating the database and the tables
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Minor bugs fixed