Acronis Backup & Recovery 11 helps organizations of all sizes address disaster recovery and data protection needs across their physical, virtual and cloud environments using just one solution. Affordable and easy- to-use from anywhere on the network, it offers high-end features and the fastest backup and recovery times for entire systems, applications and files.
At the heart of the product is a disk-imaging engine that provides a unified platform upon which all backup and data protection processes take place. This unified platform is what enables Acronis to deliver a single, fully integrated experience for backup, data protection and disaster recovery that no other vendor can match.
Acronis Backup & Recovery 11 Advanced Server SBS Edition was developed for Microsoft Small Business Server (SBS) environments. It helps small businesses recover from disasters and system failures in minutes, instead of hours or days. Based on Acronis’ patented disk imaging and bare-metal restore technologies, Acronis Backup & Recovery 11 Advanced Server SBS Edition is the next generation of the Acronis True Image server backup disaster recovery product line for physical and virtual server environments.
Small businesses typically have limited IT resources and smaller staffs than large enterprises, but with Acronis Backup & Recovery 11 Advanced Server SBS Edition, they have full access to the same powerful server backup and recovery tools found in larger organizations. The user-friendly interface and simplified workflow make it easier to set up a highly professional server backup program and enable users to recover files, folders, and servers without technical assistance. This reduces the need to keep highly-trained staff onsite at all times.
The Acronis Backup & Recovery 11 Universal Restore option is included with Acronis Backup & Recovery 11 Advanced Server SBS Edition. With this, administrators can quickly recover a server to dissimilar hardware or virtual machine to maximize recovery flexibility and minimizing business disruption.
With Acronis Backup & Recovery 11 Advanced Server SBS Edition, the benefits of disk-to-disk backup are enhanced by the cost-saving benefits of the Acronis Backup & Recovery 11 Deduplication option. Save storage costs and network bandwidth by reducing the amount of redundant data being backed up.
Supported file systems:
Acronis Backup & Recovery 11 can back up and recover the following file systems with the following limitations:
- Hard disk drives
- Networked storage devices
- DVD-RW, DVD+R(W)
- ZIP, Rev and other removable media
- P-ATA (IDE), S-ATA, SCSI, IEEE1394 (Firewire) and USB 1.1 / 2.0 drives, PC card storage devices
- Tape drives and tape autoloaders
In order to test the application you must register for a trial key here.
Here are some key features of "Acronis Backup & Recovery Advanced Server SBS Edition":
· Backup options
· Compress backups to optimize your storage space.
Excluding files during backup:
· Save storage space and time by excluding non-essential files and folders from backups.
Dual destination backup:
· Store backups into two different locations — backup to a local disk and a copy to a network share.
Automatic or manual splitting of backups:
· Split backups into volumes to fit media.
· Recovery options
Acronis Startup Recovery Manager:
· If your system won’t boot properly, press F11 during the system startup to start Acronis Backup & Recovery 10 .
· Restore your server from scratch in the event of a hard disk failure — restore an exact copy of your computer on a new hard drive.
· Perform remote restores of your networked machines.
Restore to dissimilar hardware:
· With Acronis Universal Restore, migrate or restore the whole system to dissimilar hardware or a virtual machine.
· Virtualization support
Converting image backups to virtual machine formats:
· Convert backup images to virtual machine formats compatible with VMware, Microsoft Hyper-V, Citrix XenServer and Parallels environments.
· Backup management
Templates for backup rotation schemes:
· Acronis Backup & Recovery 10 has a set of pre-defined industry-standard schemes like Grandfather-Father-Son or Tower-of-Hanoi.
· Define pre/post backup and data capture commands to integrate Acronis Backup & Recovery 10 with other applications or to temporarily stop some.
· Create backups triggered by various conditions — a user logs on, a computer shuts down, or others.
Conditions for backup:
· Configure backup operations to wait until specified conditions are met like a pre-defined time interval or a user logs off.
Customizable backup scheme:
· Configure specific events and conditions for each task.
· Centralized management
Grouping machines into static or dynamic groups:
· Operational overview of the backup and restore processes on a single screen.
· Store Acronis Backup & Recovery 10 events in Windows Event Logs together with events from other applications. This allows for integration with system management tools like MOM.
· If a machine is off when a backup is scheduled to start, the machine can be powered on automatically with Wake-on-LAN functionality.
Distributing backups within time interval:
· Avoid overloading networks by distributing backup activities within an allowed time window. Automatically shift task start times on each machine.
· Reporting and monitoring
· Operational overview of all configured machines on a single screen.
Shipping log events into centralized log:
· See events from all managed machines in the Acronis Management Server log, even if the event is from a machine that is not available.
· Backup administration
Automated deletion of outdated backups:
· Specify rules to automatically delete backups that are no longer needed.
Backup validation and consolidation by Acronis Storage Node:
· Validation and consolidation can be performed by Acronis Storage Node to offload these resource-intensive operations from the production machine.
Consolidating incremental or differential backups:
· Consolidate incremental and differential backups to save space.
· Deployment and upgrade options
Remote installation and configuration:
· Remotely install clients and updates on your networked machines.
· No reboot required to complete installation.
· User interface
Command line with scripting support:
· Execute tasks and create backups from a command-line interface.
Centralized management console:
· Centrally manage all operations from a single console on the network.
User group to control remote access:
· Assign access to specific groups — ensure only authorized groups can access machines remotely.
Password-protection for Acronis Secure Zone:
· Protect your backups stored in Acronis Secure Zone from unauthorized access.
User group to allow centralized management:
· Set a security group that is allowed access to the Acronis Management Server.
Encrypted network communications:
· Ensure data is safe during backups across the network— all remote communications are encrypted by default.
Backup encryption by Acronis Storage Node:
· In addition to client-side encryption, Acronis Storage Node can also centrally encrypt archives.
· All port numbers used may be changed.
· 15 days trial
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
Single-pass backup of Microsoft SQL Server data:
· Use a single solution and a single backup plan for both disaster recovery and data protection purposes.
· Back up a machine and recover disks, volumes, files, or Microsoft SQL databases.
· Recover Microsoft SQL databases directly to a running SQL Server instance, or extract them as files onto a file system.
· Truncate SQL Server logs after a backup.
· Use any backup destination including Acronis Online Backup Storage.
· Microsoft SQL Server 2012 is supported, as well as the previous Microsoft SQL Server versions.
Basic support for Windows 8 and Windows Server 2012:
· Install Agent for Windows, Agent for SQL (single-pass), and management components in Windows 8 and Windows Server 2012.
· Boot a machine from bootable media that is based on WinPE 4.
· Use bootable media on a machine where UEFI Secure Boot is enabled.
· Back up and recover (without resize) volumes that have the ReFS file system or any data on these volumes.
· Back up storage spa...