With DBConvert for Firebird and MS SQL users can easily select their tables and start converting them.
DBConvert for Firebird and MS SQL is an application with database migration capabilities which helps you perform two-way conversions from MS SQL to Firebird and from Firebird databases to MS SQL server. The tool is also applicable for MS SQL database migration to another MS SQL database and is quite adept at copying a Firebird database to another Firebird database. It handles conversion of InterBase databases too.
DBConvert for Firebird and MS SQL provides the bulk of functional capabilities such as interactive (GUI) mode/command line mode, saving data into a MS SQL Dump for further export to MS SQL database, task planner scheduling, data mapping, data filtering, preverification of possible conversion errors, etc.
You can convert Firebird to MS SQL or MS SQL to Firebird simply by configuring several options through a Wizard interface or in command line mode. Command line parameters added to a scheduling function enables you to automatically synchronize or convert data regularly without user input and supplementary settings.
DBConvert for Firebird and MS SQL provides you with the ability to create Dumps for indirect data uploading on MS SQL thereby offering a workaround to possible server restrictions. It allows you to convert databases of old InterBase formats to Firebird and vice versa.
Filtering data during conversion allows you to retrieve only specific data for converted tables according to defined filtering criteria. Filters give you more control on the data migration process. Possible conversion errors can be detected before the conversion process gets started. The tool displays errors and potential problems with your table objects beforehand.
Here are some key features of "DBConvert for Firebird and MS SQL":
· Microsoft SQL Server Express 2005/2008 and Microsoft SQL Server 2000/2005/2008 support
· Interactive (GUI) mode / command line mode;
· Saving data into a MS SQL Dump, for export to MS SQL database;
· Foreign key (relations) support;
· All Firebird / InterBase versions support;
· Ability to select TCP/IP, PIPE, IPX/SPX communications protocols;
· Unicode support, all possible encoding support.
· Saving data into a Firebird Dump, for export to Firebird database;
· Binary data types support.
· Automation of the conversion process with built-in scheduler;
· Primary keys and Indexes support;
· Sessions support - all your settings can be saved and restored then.
· Skins support.
· Multilanguage Support
Advanced customization options:
· partial selection for database objects to be converted.
· database objects (tables, fields, indexes) renaming before conversion.
· detection of possible conversion errors at customization stage.
· At least 32 MB of RAM
· Firebird 2.x.x
· MSSQL 2000/2005/2008/Express
· Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 x86 Redistributable package
· 50 records from each table
· Nag screen
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· SQL Azure conversion added.
· Conversion speed improvement for large databases – convert 500 thousand records in 30-40 min.
· Variable quantization step added