Fast Link Checker is an efficient software that will quickly scan, find and report any broken links found on certain websites.
Fast Link Checker works like a robot of a search engine (Googlebot, MSNBot, WISENutbot, Alexa, etc.).
You specify the file to start checking from and Fast Link Checker goes through all pages this file has links to until it checks all links on the site.
If Fast Link Checker finds a broken link, it shows its position in the document, the cause why it does not work and a hint how it can be fixed. Fast Link Checker has a flexible management system and can check links to documents, images, scripts and other files.
You can check links either only on one page or restrict the level of subdirectories. Fast Link Checker can check links in files available via the HTTP, HTTPS, FTP or FILE protocols and ignores all Gopher, News and mailto: links. It supports HTTP, HTTPS and SOCKS proxy servers.
Fast Link Checker allows you to generate and save reports. It implements a multithreaded algorithm allowing it to download and check several pages at a time, which considerably increases the performance.
Here are some key features of "Fast Link Checker":
· Small and easy to use;
· Provides user-friendly reports on found broken links;
· Generates Site Layout or Site Map during site check activities;
· Allows saving reports to a file or sending them by email;
· Checks links to pages on both current and external sites;
· Checks links on the entire site, on one of its pages or in one directory;
· Checks all static and dynamic HTML pages;
· Checks links in files available via the HTTP, HTTPS, FTP and FILE protocols;
· Checks links in password-protected files and directories;
· Checks links to media content broadcasted through RTSP protocol;
· Downloads and checks several pages at a time;
· Supports lots of the most common charsets;
· Customizable user-agent identification, identifies itself in the user-agent field so you can see its visits in your log;
· Obeys voluntary robot guidelines, including the robots.txt standard for exclusion of files;
· Supports HTTP and SOCKS proxy servers;
· Includes command line tool that can be launched from the command line or from batch files;
· Internet connection
· 30 days trial
· Nag screen
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· New look and better user interface.
· New site authentication options.
· Added new site checking options.
· Enhanced performance especially for large sites.
· Full support for Windows Vista and Windows 7.