File server auditing is a critical requirement for organizations that rely on file servers to store their documents and network applications. Unauthorized and accidental changes in files and folder structure, permissions, file shares, and other objects can significantly impact your users and infrastructure by facilitating data theft and security threats.
File Server Change Reporter is an application which audits important file server changes. The tool sends daily reports about all changes to the file servers for your review, including changes made to files, folders, shares, and permissions with previous and new values of certain configuration values.
The commercial version of this tool provides information about who made the change and when it occurred, including detailed information about permission changes.
Here are some key features of "File Server Change Reporter":
· Monitoring day-to-day modifications to mitigate the risks associated with delegated administration
· Proactively reporting data loss and unauthorized user activity
· Enforcing compliance with regulations, such as Sarbanes-Oxley, HIPAA, and others.
· Archiving all changes to help with the investigation of changes made months and years ago (commercial version only)
· Long term archiving and reporting: Only for two days: today and yesterday