Jira Client Pro is a useful tool that boosts your productivity with an interactive interface, enables greater mobility and has many useful features such as smart search, time tracking widget and others.
You can work with issues when there's no connection to JIRA. JIRA Client Pro stores all downloaded issues and metadata in local database, which allows you to browse issues, make changes and create new issues. JIRA Client will synchronize with the server later.
You can also see that the issue has already been changed by someone else, it allows you to merge conflicting changes field-by-field. You can search with any combination of filters, grouped by AND, OR and NOT operations.
You can place queries under queries in the navigation tree. When a sub-query is run, it takes issues that satisfy its parent query and filters them further.
With few clicks, you can have a set of issues break down by status, by priority or by any other "option-list" attribute. You can see the number of issues that satisfy each query in the navigation tree. This gives you a perspective on the project state.
You can see a table-like breakdown of issues with any two "option-list" attributes chosen as axes. This works like a two-dimensional distribution.
Jira Client Pro is a useful tool that boosts your productivity with an interactive interface, enables greater mobility and has many useful features such as smart search, time tracking widget and others. A scope is a collection of queries that will act as "parent queries" for the quick search.
You can inspect several issue tables, organized in tabs. Each tab keeps its own issue selection, which allows you to "iterate" through different query results at the same time.
When table auto-refresh mode is turned on, issue table gets updated immediately with any changes, which makes it an effective monitor of a given query. When this mode is turned off, changes won't be applied until you press Refresh button, which makes it convenient to step through the table without interruptions.
Here are some key features of "Jira Client Pro":
· It shows search hierarchy, issue list and selected issue on the same screen, provides you with drag-and-drop and other interactive bells and whistles.
· JIRA Client stores everything in local database, and synchronizes with the server later.
· JIRA Client lets you select the issue you're working on and start, pause and stop time tracking. The accumulated information can be published as JIRA work logs.
· JIRA Client lets you organize search queries into hierarchy. When you run "child" query, the results of its "parent" are taken, and query's filter is applied to them.
· When JIRA Client uploads issue changes to server and sees that the issue has already been changed by someone else, it allows you to merge conflicting changes field-by-field.
· You can apply workflow actions to issues. If needed, you can placing a link to other issues when applying a workflow action.
· System Memory: 256 MB required, 512 MB recommended.
· Hard Drive Space: 150 MB required, 300 MB recommended.
· Screen Resolution: 1024x768 or better.
· Displays: multiple displays are supported, but JIRA Client should be restarted when a display is connected or disconnected.
· Network connection: Atlassian JIRA produces a lot of traffic when answering JIRA Client requests, so performance over slow network connection may be degraded. (Hint: turn on "Use Gzip Compression" setting in JIRA configuration to reduce traffic.
· Java 6 or later
· Custom field types not fully supported: multiple version picker, multiple group picker, multiple user picker.
· Context-based values in custom fields (when available options are dependent on project and/or issue type).
· Issue deletion is not supported (no action to delete an issue; if an issue that has been downloaded is deleted on server, it will remain in JIRA Client).
· Grouping versions as "Released/Unreleased" and "Archived/Unarchived" - supported only in distributions.
· List of users is not automatically downloaded (users "table" is populated based on issues downloaded).
· Free text search by relevancy (JIRA Client will search for exact words typed).
· Clone issue.
· History of changes.
· 30 days trial
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Login problems with JIRA OnDemand ("the server did not set session id")
· Better support for custom fields of type unknown to JIRA Client
· Cannot upload custom fields of type "date"
· Cannot update date-time custom field on JIRA earlier than 4.4: "wrong date format" with duplicate "h:mm a"