MailValve EX is an add-in for Microsoft Exchange Server for automatically removing hidden data & metadata from attachments of emails that are sent from the organization.
Hidden data stored in many popular file types may contain confidential and private information that when exposed can cause the organization embarrassment with possible financial and legal implications.
Powered by Digital Confidence DataDistiller Engine, MailValve EX is able to remove more than 50 types of hidden data from 20 file types, including Microsoft Office documents (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), OpenOffice.org documents, PDF documents, and popular image and media file types such as JPEG, PNG, and SVG. MailValve EX can remove hidden data from files even if they are compressed within ZIP files.
MailValve EX seamlessly integrates with Microsoft Exchange and removes hidden data from the attachments of each and every email sent from the organization according to a centrally set rules, thus enabling organizations to enforce an organization-wide hidden data removal policy to prevent accidental confidential and private data leakage, without the need of user intervention. In addition, this application will suit companies of all sizes, ranging from small and medium firms, to large-scale organizations.
Here are some key features of "MailValve EX":
· MailValve EX can remove more than 50 types of hidden data from 20 file types, more than any other solution on the market today.
· MailValve EX can remove hidden data from files that are compressed within ZIP.
· Administrator can specify recipients for which email attachments should not be cleaned.
· Administrator can allow end-users to prevent the cleaning of a particular email as an exception by specifying a keyword in the email subject.
Transparent to End-Users:
· MailValve EX cleans email attachments automatically, without user intervention, thus saving the cost of users training.
· Setting up MailValve EX is easy and takes just a few minutes.
· 800 MHz processor
· 80 MB free disk space
· 512 MB RAM
· Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0
· Microsoft Exchange Server
· 14 days trial
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Fixed a bug that prevented the processing of some PDF files
· Other Hidden Data filter for JPEG files has been further divided to JFIF header and Adobe APP14 tag