The Microsoft Exchange Server ActiveSync Web Administration tool enables administrators to manage the process of remotely erasing lost, stolen, or otherwise compromised mobile devices.
By using the Exchange Server ActiveSync Web Administration tool, administrators can perform the following actions:
· View a list of all devices that are being used by any enterprise user
· Select/De-select devices to be remotely erased
· View the status of pending remote erase requests for each device
· View a transaction log that indicates which administrators have issued remote erase commands, in addition to the devices those commands pertained to
The Microsoft Exchange Server ActiveSync Web Administration Tool is designed for use with Exchange Server 2003 Service Pack 2 and Exchange Server 2007 RTM and SP1 and compatible mobile devices.
· The Microsoft Exchange Server ActiveSync Web Administration Tool must be installed on an Exchange Server running Internet Information Server 6. The Exchange Server must be part of the domain to be administered.