IT teams usually have many shared user IDs and passwords for managing servers and applications. With hundreds of systems and applications, the routine management of privileged accounts can become a real challenge, with significant productivity tradeoffs. Privileged Account Manager introduces a new approach for secure management of privileged passwords, to reduce risks and ensure regulatory compliance.
Netwrix Privileged Account Manager creates a secure storage facility (password vault) for all privileged passwords, accessible from a web browser. When someone from your IT team needs a password for one of the accounts, the system checks it out from the storage, logging an audit log entry.
When done using the password, the person checks in the password back to the storage, and the system automatically changes it to prevent further unauthorized use, logging a complimentary audit log entry. Privileged Account Manager can also streamline the management of all managed passwords according to your existing password policies and best practices.
· Internet Explorer 6.0
· IIS Server
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Managed account discovery feature that allows to automatically pull privileged accounts and systems from AD organizational units, member servers, text files and other sources.
· The freeware version is now available for up to 50 managed accounts.
· Performance and stability improvements and bug fixes.
· On installation, when the system checks if all required software components have been installed, it now detects if .NET 3.5 framework is missing.
· The following issue has been fixed: When an account's Display-Name does not contain the SAM-Account-Name, the following error is returned: User Not Found.