Password Change Web Part is a professional SharePoint solution designed to allow users to change their own passwords from the SharePoint environment using a standard text box interface.
It supports Windows authentication and Forms-based which includes Active Directory (AD), Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP), SQL and other authentication providers.
User can access a page with configured Password Change Web Part, enter current password, new password, confirm it, and post changes. If current password is incorrect or the new password does not meet the password policy, password change fails and an error message is displayed.
When password has been successfully changed, web part displays the message and the email notification is sent.
Here are some key features of "Password Change Web Part":
· Allows password change without administrator intervention
· Supports Windows and form based authentications
· Supports AD, LDAP, SQL and other membership providers
· Customizable email notification
· Warns users if the password change failed or does not meet the password policy
· Customizable Password Policy description
· "Change Password" action added in user personal menu
· Language pack support (desired localization could be added by request)
· Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5
· 30 days trial
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Added SharePoint 2013 support
· Added password change support for local users
· Added German, Russian and Swedish localization