WCFStorm is a useful tool that was designed in order to provide you with a simple means of fully testing and evaluating the performance of WCF services.
The design of WCFStorm is simple. The menus and icons were created in such a way that a first-time user would feel immediately at home and can get started with the application immediately.
Here are some key features of "WCFStorm":
· Dynamically invoke and test WCF Services
· Dynamically invoke and test Web services written in any language
· Save your opened service and its test cases into a "project" which can be reloaded anytime
· Dynamically invoke service methods even those containing complex data types
· Load existing client App.config files
· UI-based, dynamic editing of complex data types
· Test multiple WCF and Web services within a single UI.
· Multiple-tabbed interface
· Basic and windows authentication
· Test services sitting behind a proxy
· Dynamically modify the URL endpoint of a WCF or Web service.
· Dynamically edit the service binding.
· Execution from the command line
· Supports scripting (IronPython)
· Create functional test cases and save it as part of a project
· Create and save functional test cases containing Expected results.
· Graphically compare (side-by-side) the expected results with the actual response of a service.
· Fully customizable test validation
· Create performance test cases and save it as part of a project
· Graphically display charts in real-time as the performance test progresses.
· Configurable test parameters (# of Agents, Test duration, interval etc.). You can stress out your service as much as you want.
· NET Framework 3.5 or higher
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Better support for multiple monitors with Visual Studio - like docking mechanism.
· Can clear the URLs and project list
· Minor performance enhancements on perf tests
· UX enhancements
· Switched python editor to AvalonEdit.
Bug Fixes :
· FIX: Typo fixes on WcfStormPerfServer.exe
· FIX : Handled the exception generated when a directory permission is changed
· FIX : HttpMetadataExchangeClient fix for handling https:// wsdl metadata endpoints
· FIX : Added checking of metadata. Defaults to DiscoveryProtocol instead of MetadataExchangeClient
· FIX : Date format on email support request changed to yyyy-MM-dd
· FIX : Edit icon (pencil) not displayed when target is set t TargetType.All
· FIX : Handling of enum types that inherit from byte,short etc.