Softpedia Editor's Review for Samsung PC Studio
Allows you to manage your Samsung mobile phone data.
Written by Bogdan Popa on January 31st, 2012
Samsung is one of the top 5 mobile phone manufactures in the world. It sold 235 million handsets in 2009 and 280 million in 2010. Rest assured that not all of these mobile phones are smartphones and, as any respectable manufacturer, Samsung has developed management applications for users owning GSM mobile phones.
No matter if you want to synchronize contacts, calendar items or emails, transfer files or back up your data and even create and send text messages, Samsung PC Studio is the official program to use. It supports synchronization with most email clients out there, including Microsoft Outlook, Outlook Express, Lotus Notes and Lotus Organizer, so it allows you to easily transfer your contacts between mobile phone and computer.
Samsung PC Studio is also a great and handy tool if you intend to install Java or Symbian apps on your phone. Just drag and drop the file you wish to copy on your handset and you’re ready to go. You can also rip audio CDs, create music files and copy music files directly on your mobile phone within a few clicks.
Unfortunately, the interface lacks the ease-of-use by laying icons in front of your eyes with no descriptive text. That expands the time span needed to get familiar with the application and this brings nothing but frustration from the user's point of view. All functions are also listed under the “File” menu, but still, this isn’t the best interface a phone manager could receive.
Just like many other mobile phone suites out there, Samsung’s lets you connect the device to your PC using an USB cable, an infrared port, Bluetooth or a serial cable. You can easily create backups of your phone's data for safe keeping or to transfer it to another phone, connect your PC to the Internet using your handset, play and convert multimedia files and also create wallpapers for your Samsung phone.
Samsung PC Studio's Settings window refer to `Automatic conversion options` and Audio / Video conversion formats. You can choose from AAC and M4A as the default audio format and High / Medium or Low quality MP4 container files for the video side.
While not being the perfect app overall, Samsung PC Studio takes the edge off its competitors by providing the complete set of tools needed for the job. Nonetheless, if you are the owner of a Samsung GSM mobile phone, then this is a must-have.
Samsung PC Studio description
Here are some key features of "Samsung PC Studio":
· Allows you to select the connection type for PC to Phone connection.
· The connection types: USB, Bluetooth, Infrared or Serial.
· Manage short messages and multimedia messages.
Manage contacts and more:
· Allows you to retrieve personal information saved in the Phone, such as phonebook and organizer and to add new data or delete and edit the saved data.
· Allows you to synchronize personal information data saved in the Phone and the data saved in the PC's personal information management program.
· Allows you to browse multimedia files saved in the Phone in the windows browser and to download files or to upload PC files to the Phone.
Manage internet connections:
· Allows you to access the Internet using the connected Phone as a modem device.
Compose multimedia messages:
· Compose your own multimedia message and send through your phone.
Drag & Drop:
· All the selected contents can be easily transferred among widgets and icons on the screen by Drag & Drop
· Easy Start runs automatically when a mobile phone is connected to New PC Studio.
· It helps you step-by-step transfer or synchronize content among PC and mobile phone.
Update music information:
· Update various music information like artist, genre, Review and etc. on Media Manager widget.
Share content on the web site (To Web):
· Post content of photos and videos to the web sites such as Flickr and YouTube by Drag&Drop.
· CPU : Pentium 600 MHz processor or higher (recommended)
· Minimum memory(RAM)size : 512MB
· Free hard drive space : 200MB
· Connection methods : USB cable or Bluetooth
· DirectX 9 or higher