Softpedia Editor's Review for Adobe Flash Player
High-performance client runtime
Written by Bogdan Popa on January 16th, 2012
Adobe Flash Player is a client runtime that delivers high-quality content to your computer and it works with virtually all browsers out there.
Flash Player remains a key element of the Internet and has now evolved to conquer every operating system, every browser, and every portable device, including mobile phones and tablets.
There's no interface, but users still get some tiny windows through which they can customize a set of options, including hardware acceleration for better performance and privacy preferences.
With the Adobe Flash Player runtime installed, you will be able to access streaming content of the highest quality and smoothly play HD videos right inside your browser's window.
The best thing of all is that Flash Player works with most popular browsers out there, including Internet Explorer 6.0 and above, Mozilla Firefox 3.0 and above, Google Chrome, Safari 4.0 and above and Opera 9.5 and above.
Hardware requirements should be met by any modern computer, although some old workstations might encounter some performance issues while accessing websites built exclusively in Flash or during the playback of large, high-quality Flash movies.
This client runtime manages to bring high-quality content directly on your computer without requiring any interaction. An important part of the World Wide Web relies on Adobe Flash Player, so this is clearly a must-have utility for every fresh copy of Windows.
Adobe Flash Player description
Here are some key features of "Adobe Flash Player":
Support for mobile devices:
· Extend the reach of your content to users wherever they are. Flash Player delivers expressive content to personal computers, smartphones, tablets, smartbooks, and netbooks.
Mobile-ready features for unprecedented creative control:
· Take advantage of native device capabilities, including support for multitouch, gestures, mobile input models, and accelerometer input.
· Deliver smooth high-definition (HD) quality video with minimal overhead across mobile devices and personal computers using H.264 video decoding and Stage Video.
Expanded options for high-quality media delivery:
· Discover new ways to deliver rich media experiences with the Adobe Flash Media Server Family of products using HTTP Dynamic Streaming; content protection; and improved support for live events, buffer control, and peer-assisted networking.
· 2.33GHz or faster x86-compatible processor, or Intel Atom 1.6GHz or faster processor for netbooks
· 512MB of RAM (1GB of RAM recommended for netbooks);
· Graphics memory: 128 MB of graphics memory
· Internet Explorer 7.0 and above
· Mozilla Firefox 4.0 and above
· Google Chrome
· Safari 5.0 and above
· Opera 11
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· 3512994 - [Injection] Corrects an issue where lines were thicker and CapsStyle was ignored when printing
· 3552797 - [Chrome PPAPI] HTTP Live Streaming - Seeking near the end of a file now works as expected.